Beadlock/CF orders getting pulled 02/01 forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frank20

Reaction score
My order was placed and accepted on 10/25. I received call today that truck was finally ready to be scheduled for build but I had to drop the CF and beadlocks in order to do so. I opted not to drop those options and will continue to wait. In it for the long haul.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the call today (Feb 6) and was told if I wanted to get the truck 'this year' (dealer's words not mine) I should remove the BL wheels. When I asked what was the hold up they said it was a manufacturing safety issue. No idea if that's real or not, but that is what I was told. I opted to remove the beadlocks and I never had the carbon fiber.

Originally I did not have the BL wheels in my order, but rather I added them in early January.

Ironically, I wish I got the same call LOL. Would love to have a clean consensus on this forged wheel saga. I want the forged wheels....so makes it hard to make the decision to take them off when the dealer keeps reassuring me there is no need. But glad you got some consensus for your situation!

Tim182d

Reaction score
Received a call from my dealer (who is a close friend) early this morning. He explained that he'd received a message that if I wanted my order to be pulled I'd have to drop the bead locks. If I didn't there was no telling how long I'd wait...but it would be a LONG wait. He had no reason to lie, and being a close friend wouldn't.

So much for the beadlocks...lots of wheel options out there!

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
My truck with BLs was built Jan 30, ordered July 28th, postponed once due to wheels.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called me yesterday and said they have an allocation. A very much unexpected surprise as he had indicated summer time in all likelihood as I'm #7 on their list.

Apparently the six builds ahead of me have beadlocks and/or CF on their order and none of the six people wanted to remove from their Raptors. I decided to remove the beadlocks from my order as I do want a Raptor this year.

Dealer indicates provided that beadlocks or CF don't become available then my order is a go! He was very doubtful that they would release a truck with beadlocks or CF right now.

Figure I can get beadlocks or another wheel later for not much of a premium over the factory cost of the beadlocks.

I'll know by next Friday if my order is rolling!

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
I have spoken to both Ford and Ford Performance, both of whom assured me there was no issue with the beadlock rims at all. Having said that, my order has been in since July 28, 2016 and the two times my rep has called to ask to build the truck, both required me to drop the beadlock rims. So, I'm pretty sure the "the is no shortage of beadlock rims" line is BS for Ford to protect their image.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to both Ford and Ford Performance, both of whom assured me there was no issue with the beadlock rims at all. Having said that, my order has been in since July 28, 2016 and the two times my rep has called to ask to build the truck, both required me to drop the beadlock rims. So, I'm pretty sure the "the is no shortage of beadlock rims" line is BS for Ford to protect their image.

How long are you going to hold out and not drop the beadlocks?

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how there can be constraints on ordered vehicles with these items. I did not order one, I picked it up off the lot and it has CF AND the beadlock wheels....so are you telling me somehow a dealer order for "stock" is higher on the priority list?