Beadlock/CF orders getting pulled 02/01 forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread tracking those orders that have gotten pulled with Beadlocks and CF. I know some have said their dealer told them that they had to delete these items to get their order built, and others have stated that their orders have recently been pulled with these options and haven't heard anything about this from their dealer. So I just wanted to track who's getting orders filled with these options so we can gauge if there is really a constraint on beadlocks and CF. So who's order is getting built with these options?

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread tracking those orders that have gotten pulled with Beadlocks and CF. I know some have said their dealer told them that they had to delete these items to get their order built, and others have stated that their orders have recently been pulled with these options and haven't heard anything about this from their dealer. So I just wanted to track who's getting orders filled with these options so we can gauge if there is really a constraint on beadlocks and CF. So who's order is getting built with these options?

My dealer received their first unit on January 27th, and it had the forged wheels, #1 of 7 allocations. As I've mentioned several times before, elsewhere, my dealer maintains that there is no "commodity constraint" on the beadlock wheels. Additionally, every conversation I have had with FORD {Facebook, fordvehicles.com chat, Customer Relations Center} indicates the same--no indications there are any hold issues with the forged wheel option.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am holding out for the forged wheels on my early December order. In mid-December 2016, my dealer said that his rep confirmed some type of shortage on the beadlocks. The order is still waiting to be pulled; at that time I was told it could be March or April before I get a build date. When the order was placed, I the only shortage my dealer was aware of was carbon fiber. I did not include CF in my order.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am holding out for the forged wheels on my early December order. In mid-December 2016, my dealer said that his rep confirmed some type of shortage on the beadlocks. The order is still waiting to be pulled; at that time I was told it could be March or April before I get a build date. When the order was placed, I the only shortage my dealer was aware of was carbon fiber. I did not include CF in my order.

I also ordered early Dec with beadlocks. I haven't heard anything about the shortage from my dealer though. The first reply to my thread says there is no shortage on beadlocks, and your post says your dealer said there IS a shortage. I'm not saying who's right and wrong, I just want to informally track if trucks are getting pulled with beadlocks. I'guessing if we actually track it it will give us the truth on this topic...

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also ordered early Dec with beadlocks. I haven't heard anything about the shortage from my dealer though. The first reply to my thread says there is no shortage on beadlocks, and your post says your dealer said there IS a shortage. I'm not saying who's right and wrong, I just want to informally track if trucks are getting pulled with beadlocks. I'guessing if we actually track it it will give us the truth on this topic...

I'd love if there is no shortage with the beadlock wheels, but there must be something going on. In addition to my particular dealer, so many other people are reporting that the forged wheels are causing build delays. My dealer has always been square with me; this is the fourth Raptor I've ordered from him and everything he has told me about each order panned out. He said that his regional rep first told him about the beadlock shortage in mid-December. He said that I did not need to change my order to the base wheels; he actually encouraged me to keep the beadlocks as those are the wheels I really want. He did confirm that he spoke with his Ford rep again and if I keep the beadlocks on my order, it could be into March or April until my order gets scheduled.

I'm okay waiting for the exact truck that I want. I hate the machined finish on the base wheels.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you there is most definetlt a shortage on the beadlocks and cf.

I ordered on august 22nd and there are many many others who are still waiting.

Others have dropped cf and or bead locks to get pulled. I was asked to drop both in january to get pulled and i said i would wait. I am prepared to wait till june if i have to.

Anyone saying there is no shortage is completely misinformed

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rohardi,

Some will get defensive on this topic, clearly. Not going to reply directly towards anyone, as it presumably will ignite further apparent angst; there is no point in this. We are all, surely, here to support each other in our collective enthusiasm for the vaunted Raptor. What I will say, is that I believe the premise of your thread is most valid--keeping track of what people are TOLD, not some ceaseless cacophony of incriminations of being "misinformed". Perfect soundboard here for individuals to report what they are TOLD by their dealers and/or Ford. From there, people can fashion their respective judgements.

radio_man

Reaction score
I got the call today (Feb 6) and was told if I wanted to get the truck 'this year' (dealer's words not mine) I should remove the BL wheels. When I asked what was the hold up they said it was a manufacturing safety issue. No idea if that's real or not, but that is what I was told. I opted to remove the beadlocks and I never had the carbon fiber.

Originally I did not have the BL wheels in my order, but rather I added them in early January.