Baja Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatTorqueTho

Reaction score
Noob question, if Baja mode eliminates turbo lag or is "anti-lag" as Ford calls it, would we be able to drive in that mode on a daily driving basis without harming the truck in someway (Example: overheating). I mean turbo lag sucks, so i see no point in driving im anyother mode(excluding 4x4s)

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can select Baja and then 2WD and you should be fine. Don't know if 4 Auto would kick you out of it.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that you can't use 4 Auto in Baja mode (supplemental manual). But 2wd will work!

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call on Baja Mode in 2wd. I found it a bit odd that 4hi is the default. Maybe this is old school thinking, but I would think running 70-80mph in 4hi for an extended period of time wouldn't be ideal for the 4wd system.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how the "anti-lag" function is implemented on the Raptor, but in the application that I am familiar with (rally cars), it is VERY hard on turbo impellars, as it functions by essentially injecting some fuel during the exhaust cycle, then igniting it with the spark plug. This functions to create combustion in the exhaust port/manifold, and keep the turbo spinning.

If I had to guess, Ford's approach is different... perhaps opening a blow-off or recirculation valve such that the compressor side of the turbo doesn't have the resistance (of trying to force air past a closed throttle plate) slowing it down.

That's a complete WAG, though...

fijidaniel

Reaction score
YOu know...right after placing my order I was up in Wyoming for work and actually got a 2016 screw Lariat 4x4 with 3.5L Ecoboost as a rental for a couple of days. I was impressed with that model of engine and didn't notice any lag

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
people with post counts under 100. that wont last long. woops, i just made another useless post. add it to my growing list