Any failed high cost stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at extended warranties, and would like to hear what high cost stuff has failed? Computers, screens? Have you had any go bad?

Or do I just get it to cover the transmission and engine for 6 years?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking at extended warranties, and would like to hear what high cost stuff has failed? Computers, screens? Have you had any go bad?

Or do I just get it to cover the transmission and engine for 6 years?

Engine and transmission for sure. Seen issues on both. You already get 5yr/60k on drivetrain. If you plan to keep past that, get a flood ford plan that covers you on BOTH mileage and time.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a 6yr/125k mile warranty on my 2018. I kept my 2012 Raptor for 5 years and it had more than a few issues.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I got a 6yr/125k mile warranty on my 2018. I kept my 2012 Raptor for 5 years and it had more than a few issues.

THAT’s just crazy talk. You are the ONLY FRF poster in the history of the world to impugn the reliability of the gen1 Raptor. I’m pretty sure that Ford didn’t even offer an extended warranty on the gen 1 raptor because it set the reliability standard by which all other vehicles are measured.

I find it very hard to believe that you had any issues with the 2012 Raptor.
Unpossible. :biggrin:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THAT’s just crazy talk. You are the ONLY FRF poster in the history of the world to impugn the reliability of the gen1 Raptor. I’m pretty sure that Ford didn’t even offer an extended warranty on the gen 1 raptor because it set the reliability standard by which all other vehicles are measured.

I find it very hard to believe that you had any issues with the 2012 Raptor.
Unpossible. :biggrin:

Most of it was minor, except the non-stop rust issues.

Air bag sensors x2 (from moving seats forward/back)
Clogged catalytic converter
Rusted out rockers (both sides, in for repair 3 times)
Driver side window motor

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine and transmission for sure. Seen issues on both. You already get 5yr/60k on drivetrain. If you plan to keep past that, get a flood ford plan that covers you on BOTH mileage and time.

MGD has not seen any issue. There are no engine/tranny issues. And he doesnt even own one.

The engine and tranny have a remarkable early record. There have been some minor issues, ie. oil pan leak, fit/finish issues, but amazingly for a totally new model, there have been minimal big ticket items fail. It has been out for well over a year now too.

I did get the cheap flood ford warranty (under $1000 for 6yr/100k) just because it was a new model, but after 12,000 problem free miles, not sure I'll need it.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Explain the cam phaser failures and the wastegate rattle the most complain about.