500 mile review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know its still very early in ownership but wanted to post because I almost cancelled my order after reading all of the owners with problems.

I bought a AG screw/ 802a, sunroof, heated wheel/seats - Ordered Nov. 2016, built March 2017. Had 15 miles at pickup.

I have inspected for hours and tested everything thoroughly

I have not had a single problem or issue yet.
Fit/finish is perfect.
Tires balanced and ride perfect.
No harsh shifts at all.
Don't mind the sound of the engine/ enhanced sound, etc
No glitches with sync.
Sunroof without even a drop of leak even under pressure
Brake feel/ stopping power is good to me.
Everything works as supposed to.

Ride is much smoother and comfortable than I expected and I am very happy with that. Only have really got on it a few times and power is impressive for a truck.
Overall, very glad I purchased.

Dislikes-
The auto stop, just bothers me in stop/go traffic. I would disable it but am sure that I would crack the plastic or something trying to jump the switch.
My phone always goes to the loudest volume after I leave truck, very annoying
The loud horn noise after setting locks/alarm.

Maybe they figured out the kinks or I am just lucky so far, but wanted anybody on the fence to hear a good review instead of just all the negative ones

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are far more positives than negatives. The negative reviews are only amplified by Gen1 haters for some reason..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seartrip

Reaction score
2k miles, not a single issue. And I used to turn a wrench for a living so I'm a harsh judge.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with 3900. Made a few adjustments electronically with Forscan which makes it great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I know its still very early in ownership but wanted to post because I almost cancelled my order after reading all of the owners with problems.

I bought a AG screw/ 802a, sunroof, heated wheel/seats - Ordered Nov. 2016, built March 2017. Had 15 miles at pickup.

I have inspected for hours and tested everything thoroughly

I have not had a single problem or issue yet.
Fit/finish is perfect.
Tires balanced and ride perfect.
No harsh shifts at all.
Don't mind the sound of the engine/ enhanced sound, etc
No glitches with sync.
Sunroof without even a drop of leak even under pressure
Brake feel/ stopping power is good to me.
Everything works as supposed to.

Ride is much smoother and comfortable than I expected and I am very happy with that. Only have really got on it a few times and power is impressive for a truck.
Overall, very glad I purchased.

Dislikes-
The auto stop, just bothers me in stop/go traffic. I would disable it but am sure that I would crack the plastic or something trying to jump the switch.
My phone always goes to the loudest volume after I leave truck, very annoying
The loud horn noise after setting locks/alarm.

Maybe they figured out the kinks or I am just lucky so far, but wanted anybody on the fence to hear a good review instead of just all the negative ones

I'm at 345 miles and I agree with everything you said. I don't mind hitting the auto start stop button just becomes routine.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pretty much have the same build as the OP, but without the sunroof. March 2017 build, 1,425 miles and same experience. I examined every inch of the truck from top to underneath, tried every electronic function, looked at every stitch on my interior accent pkg, etc. I can't find a damn thing wrong with it. So, off to a great start and will cross my fingers for good reliability in the future. It's a great truck and a blast to drive. Can't wait to take it to the dirt!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did the Auto On/Off disable through FORScan. This is a life saver and the bet upgrade to my truck yet. Easy and works great with no side effects but maybe increase in some MPG's (who cares!?)

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the Auto On/Off disable through FORScan. This is a life saver and the bet upgrade to my truck yet. Easy and works great with no side effects but maybe increase in some MPG's (who cares!?)

Can you still turn it back on temporarily using the button, or is it completely disabled once you recode the module?