2018 Raptors under sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of dealers hit you with unexpected non negotiable dealer installed add ons in order to sell you the truck at X price. Dealers know the market and they're not giving these things away despite the enticing intro pricing to get the phone to ring.

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get used to it. They've made enough to satisfy the gotta-have-it-no-matter-the-price-so-I-can-be-a-peacock crowd. There's only so many suckers out there willing to pay above sticker for an F150. Everyone else expects to pay well below sticker. Maybe not 20% below sticker like a run of the mill XLT, but you should be able to find a new Raptor below sticker without much effort for the foreseeable future.

Still alot of places charging over msrp. So if these guys are below msrp and there are plenty of people who dont wanna pay over sticker why would they have 5 sitting on the ground? I could be completely wrong here but something seems off to me.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of dealers hit you with unexpected non negotiable dealer installed add ons in order to sell you the truck at X price. Dealers know the market and they're not giving these things away despite the enticing intro pricing to get the phone to ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

Still alot of places charging over msrp. So if these guys are below msrp and there are plenty of people who dont wanna pay over sticker why would they have 5 sitting on the ground? I could be completely wrong here but something seems off to me.

The 2017 Avalanche they have the way I read the window sticker was built in late May. Doesn't Ford limit the length of time a vehicle sits on the lot and provides free floorplan? After a given period of time the dealer start paying interest so say a $60K truck at 5% that $250/month while the truck is gather dust.

Mike

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

A quick search around me turned up this in about 10 seconds.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/710481008/overview/ Black screw.. 4600 under sticker.

There's more too. Anyone paying over sticker is getting ripped off, as usual.

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick search around me turned up this in about 10 seconds.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/710481008/overview/ Black screw.. 4600 under sticker.

There's more too. Anyone paying over sticker is getting ripped off, as usual.

I agree but there is still demand for the vehicles especially in NY and California, why arent those guys buying these?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

The 2017 Avalanche they have the way I read the window sticker was built in late May. Doesn't Ford limit the length of time a vehicle sits on the lot and provides free floorplan? After a given period of time the dealer start paying interest so say a $60K truck at 5% that $250/month while the truck is gather dust.

Mike

Depends on if they are a floorplan dealer or not. Some dealers actually pay for all there vehicles

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

This is along the lines of what I mean. They advertise low them hit you with that price includes $5000 cash or trade or something like that. But hey if these are legit deals people should get them

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree but there is still demand for the vehicles especially in NY and California, why arent those guys buying these?

Lazy? Stupid? Hell if I know. People fly to the Midwest and drive new vehicles back to the coasts all the time.

I could post a dozen more under sticker, but you seem to be be convinced its all just fake pricing. I know these dealers first hand around here and they don't do that crap. If they post a price on Autotrader or Cars, you can buy it at that price.

Last edited:

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lazy? Stupid? Hell if I know. People fly to the Midwest and drive new vehicles back to the coasts all the time.

I'm well aware man but ive seen plenty of people on this forum saying they cant anything near them for less then a couple grand over sticker and if these are as cheap as they say they are someone should buy.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Prices change every day as demand changes. Today's prices are not the same as the prices from a month ago.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks can be had for MSRP and I am sure lower as mentioned above now depending on state and location.

Their are so many of these Raptors available (if you look online) and obviously not a lot of buyers interested in a $60K - $70K plus truck. Everyone on here is into them but that is such a small cut of potential buyers most of America is not looking to buy such an expensive truck especially just an F150 platform.

Obviously Ford is making more than the market needs and that is why so many are sitting on dealer floors and starting to come down on price. I got mine at sticker 2 weeks ago in one of the "hottest, over priced" markets "Southern California" and I am sure if I waited a little longer that I eventually could find one under sticker.

I first started my search for a new Raptor about 9 months ago and every single dealer I contacted wanted $10K-$20K markup. I told each of them no way! and they all told me I would never get one at sticker..... I knew it was only a matter of time and that they would come down and I am glad I waited saved some easy money.

No one should buy one of these trucks over MSRP at this point.