2018 Raptor sideview Mirrors.....shaky as hell!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dizzydog

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this with theirs?

I notice that even when im on a fairly normal road when I look in my drivers sideview mirror its shaking like crazy.

When I got out after noticing it I wiggled the entire folding part of the mirror and it just seems "meh". Not super tight on there and kinda weak. Definitely in comparison to the 2010 F150 I traded in to get the Raptor.

Is this a known odd issue?

Grey03Cobra

Reaction score
Mine get real loose if I have them folded in then manually open them instead of using the button. If I refold them manually then unfold them with the button, they are solid again.

Grey03Cobra

Reaction score
This can't be an acceptable thing.

My guess is, there is a gear attached to the auto folding motor that helps keep it solid. By manually moving the mirror that gear is disengaged to prevent breaking the automatic mechanism. I just use the button all the time and my mirrors are solid.

OP
OP
D

dizzydog

Reaction score
My guess is, there is a gear attached to the auto folding motor that helps keep it solid. By manually moving the mirror that gear is disengaged to prevent breaking the automatic mechanism. I just use the button all the time and my mirrors are solid.

All ive ever used is the button.