Wheel Lock Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has put them on there truck. If so which ones did you use and how much were they?
I had purchased a set from ford and they stuck out to far and were chrome so back they went.
Are there other options then just your Reg. lock nuts?
I've also heard of spline wheel lug nut lock pros and cons of each.
Anyone with some experience or expertise on this I would greatly appreciate some feed back.
Thanks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i have a splined lug nut kit and you need a special socket to get them off so as far as I'm concerned those are as good as wheel locks. if you want wheel locks just go buy a set at the auto parts store I believe you need 14mm x 2".

my splined lug nuts were about $60 and a set of 4 wheel locks can be had for about $15-20

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
i have a splined lug nut kit and you need a special socket to get them off so as far as I'm concerned those are as good as wheel locks. if you want wheel locks just go buy a set at the auto parts store I believe you need 14mm x 2".

my splined lug nuts were about $60 and a set of 4 wheel locks can be had for about $15-20

You can buy these anywhere?
I'll have to check out pep boys by me and see.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You can buy these anywhere?
I'll have to check out pep boys by me and see.

the wheel locks you can buy at pretty much any auto parts store. the challenge will be finding the 14 x 2. the splined lug kit you might want to go to a wheel shop for those. you gotta be careful because the stock wheels don't use conical lug-centric lugs which a lot of the splined lugs are. not sure if you can use the conical seat lugs...