Tire pressures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As the orignial question has been answered, I run 42psi on the KO2's with so far a smooth ride and no signs on uneven wear.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually air mine up to 50psi for long highway trips to help with mileage. I was seeing 15.9/16.1 from PHX to LAX at 80ish. The center tread on tires is noticeably more worn than the outer treads from doing this, but I'm not too concerned. After 2.5 yrs, I'm only at 20K miles. They will be dry rotted before the wear is an issue.

D

Deleted member 12951

I usually air mine up to 50psi for long highway trips to help with mileage. I was seeing 15.9/16.1 from PHX to LAX at 80ish. The center tread on tires is noticeably more worn than the outer treads from doing this, but I'm not too concerned. After 2.5 yrs, I'm only at 20K miles. They will be dry rotted before the wear is an issue.

Isn't 50psi the MAX for the stock tire? I would think if you are driving that fast for that long in a warmer part of the US that your tires are going to get pretty hot and causing the PSI to increase even more than 50psi. Potential blow out?

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point, but I think the max is much higher than 50. Also, the lower rolling resistance may keep the tire from flexing as much so the heat generated may be about the same. It's only 6psi more than stock.