Nitto Trail Grappler vs Toyo Open Country MT's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donk1999

Reaction score
Just trying to get some input from you guys on the Nitto Trail Grappler and the Toyo Open Country MT's. Looking to upgrade and like both of these, but don't have any experience with either. I drive mainly on crappy dirt roads (and they get sticky when it rains) and on the highway. I have run the stock BFG's on some of my previous trucks and am not the biggest fan. Any input would be appreciated. Looking for stuff like off road performance, tread life, ride quality, ect.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Toyos on my truck. My brother runs the Trail Graps. From my experience they both handle the same, the trail graps are a hair louder on the highway.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have nittos and they are
Louder than the stock tires, and louder than the red letter generals. But the nittos ride good in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
donk1999

donk1999

Reaction score
I got a buddy that runs the Toyo's on his 3/4 ton dodge and he claims he can get 50K miles out of them. Anybody think thats possible? I know you can get more miles if you don't drive like a pissed off teenage girl, but under normal conditions can this be expected? That sounds high for an off road lugged tire, but I'm no expert.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at Discount Tire today getting a flat fixed but while I was there got a quote for both tires in 35". Was told the Toyos are $425/tire and would be weeks out for delivery. Nittos were $280/tire and could have them in 24 to 48 hours. While I love the look of the Toyos, I'm pretty sure price and availability will trump in this instance.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid $265 a tire, toyos from discount tire

35" and arrived same day from their supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I know this tire was not in your original post, I am on my second set of ProComp Xtreme A/Ts on my SuperDuty. The come with a 40,000 mile guarantee and my first set lasted over 6 years worth of driving (roughly 12k miles per year). They are 35x12.50R18 in size. My truck is my DD and is used for everything from mall crawling, vacation trips, towing, job site visits, etc.

I have been through just about everything with them from rain, snow, sleet, mud, dirt, etc and I have yet to find them lacking for traction. The channels do an excellent job of clearing out slop, clay, mud, etc when on typical wet dirt roads. They do make noise going down the road but it's not something that would discourage me from using them again.