New wheel and tire question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptormania

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this selection. I currently have a 2012 Raptor with stock wheels/tires and am thinking about an upgrade.

Currently I'm looking at this setup...

Wheels
KMC XD-SERIES XD 775 Rockstar 20 inch Rims Black Matte Wheels

Tires
Tire Details

Will this setup work? Will I run into any sort of tire rub issues? I've read a few threads where some guys have ran into tire rub issues with 20's but wondering if its just their setup (wheel/tire combo) rather than just the size so a little confused. If anyone else has this setup feel free to chime in. Hope someone can help.

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptormania

Reaction score
Just noticed they are for 22's lol my bad :/ but thanks for the link man I appreciate it thats the combo I'm after and is cheaper than what I was looking at :).. with that said would it cause any tire rub issues (the combo on ebay) while on stock perch?

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, its a 20 x10 on a -24 offset (farther out from hub) . they probably gonna stick out a little (1/2"-1"), I would think. Which means tires will be that much closer to the wheel wells at full lock. I would guess youre gonna have rubbing at stock perch, especially with that much meat on the tires

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At stock perch those will rub. Try to keep the offset 0 or + otherwise at stock perch they will rub. I have -5 offset and they rubbed a stock perch slightly. I am mid perch and have never rubbed now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest you not do wheels with -24 offset. That will push the wheels out 2.28" (58mm) further than stock.

IMO 0 offset looks perfect. It pushes the wheels out 1.3" and will not cause rubbing.

Note: stock offset is +34.