Duratrac 315/70R/17 Tire Pressure Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that everyone with this size Duratrac tire will post what PSI they are running and note if it is on a supercab or a supercrew Raptor because I would think the truck weight differs from Scab to Screw and please post if the wheels are stock size.
I am just curious to see if the PSI everyone is running with these tires on stock size wheels varies by a lot or not.

I am running 43 PSI front and rear at the moment on stock wheels on a supercab Raptor.
When looking to see if all the tread is in contact with the ground when on a flat surface when tires are cold, it looks like not all the tread is contacting the surface so I would assume they are over inflated but not sure.

This is why I would like to see what others with the same tire and wheel combo are running because I was thinking of reducing my tire pressure to about 42 PSI up front and 40 PSI in the rear but want to see what others are running and if all tread is in contact with the surface or not with your setup.

I've looked around alot to find this info but everything varies alot with everyone's tire and wheel setup that I was hoping to narrow down the info to this one tire and wheel combo to see what everyone is running for PSI.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that everyone with this size Duratrac tire will post what PSI they are running and note if it is on a supercab or a supercrew Raptor because I would think the truck weight differs from Scab to Screw and please post if the wheels are stock size.
I am just curious to see if the PSI everyone is running with these tires on stock size wheels varies by a lot or not.

I am running 43 PSI front and rear at the moment on stock wheels on a supercab Raptor.
When looking to see if all the tread is in contact with the ground when on a flat surface when tires are cold, it looks like not all the tread is contacting the surface so I would assume they are over inflated but not sure.

This is why I would like to see what others with the same tire and wheel combo are running because I was thinking of reducing my tire pressure to about 42 PSI up front and 40 PSI in the rear but want to see what others are running and if all tread is in contact with the surface or not with your setup.

I've looked around alot to find this info but everything varies alot with everyone's tire and wheel setup that I was hoping to narrow down the info to this one tire and wheel combo to see what everyone is running for PSI.

I have not done any contacting tests but I'm running studded duratracs at 40 PSI, 45 seemed a bit too inflated. Doing well in snow with a bit less pressure.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I used to run mine at 38. Wearing was fine and ride was good. aired them up in the rear when towing

OP
OP
TargetBow

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot of research on different forums including this one, there seems to be a lot of different PSI recommendations for just this one tire and wheel combonation so I have decided to just go with the PSI recommended on the door panel which is 44 PSI front and back.
Thanks to everyone that took time out to post what PSI they run in this tire/wheel combo.
I will be running them at 44 PSI front and back while on the street and rotate them every 5,000 miles and see how the tread wear is going.

OP
OP
TargetBow

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyears answer to tire pressure for OEM size Duratrac tires

I recently sent an E-mail to Goodyear asking what tire pressure they would recommend for the Duratrac tires in the OEM size and I thought I would pass the information along for everyone to see what they recommend.
I'm not saying this is the pressure the tires must be run at, just what they recommend.

Here is what I asked them:

I recently installed 315/70R/17 Goodyear Duratrac tires on my Ford F-150 SVT Raptor that had OEM tire size of 315/70R/17/D 121S and I was hoping you could tell me what Goodyear recommends for a recommended PSI on this truck with the duratrac tires. The door sticker on the truck recommends 44 PSI front and rear for the OEM tires and I just want to know if that would be the same PSI you recommend for the Duratrac tires.
I ran the recommended PSI in the OEM tires faithfully and rotated them every 3,000 miles and at the end of there life, I noticed that the center was wore down slighly more than the outside of the tread. That made me think that the OEM tire PSI recommendation may have been incorrect and I was running them over inflated all that time. That is why I am asking for your input on what PSI you would recommend so I don't run the tires over inflated. Thanks: Ed

Here is their answer to my question:

Operating air pressure is determined by the vehicle manufacturer.

If you're using the same size tire that came as original equipment on your vehicle, the proper air pressure is indicated on the door placard or owners manual of your vehicle.

The air pressure indicated on the sidewall of each tire is the inflation pressure required to carry the maximum allowable load for that tire.

Vehicle manufacturers have invested considerable time and testing to establish an air pressure that will provide a smooth comfortable ride in addition to an even treadwear pattern.

Our recommendation would be to stick with the air pressure established by your vehicle manufacturer.

Thank you for your inquiry through our web site.

Jessica - Consumer Relations
Goodyear World Headquarters

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a SCREW with 9 inch wide wheels and run them on the street at 44 in front and 42 in the back. If I am towing I will put more in the back. In the sand dunes I run them down to 13.5 in front and 11.5 in the back.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCAB; stock wheels.

42/38 when empty; works fine. Rotate every 5k. Wear is even and steady and wearing nice and flat.