Anyone running 37" BFGs at low perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a tutorial on how to "search" the forum or a "newb" thread stickied might help.

OP
OP
K

kmmwd6

Reaction score
Welcome new member...

Are you saying that you can't loosen the set screw or that after that set screw is backed out you can't move the perch? Aluminum doesn't usually corrode against aluminum unless other metals are introduced. The retainer clip/ring could facilitate this but it usually occurs worse with stainless.

I would suggest correcting this regardless of what tires you run. Get them off, compress the coils, remove the set screw, soak them in penetrating fluid, and get them to move.

As for fitment, as stated above, there are many existing threads.

Yeah the set screw came out fine but the perch seems corroded to the shock. I'm going to continue letting penetrating fluid do its thing but after a day of penetrating fluid and lots of hammering with a block I haven't moved it an inch.

And to everyone else, yes I have read the entire 37" BFG sticky and nowhere does anyone claim to be running 37" BFGs at low perch. Yes I read all 46 pages.

It seems like most people went to mid perch before they had problems with corrosion. I'm at 50k and 4 winters so call me a newb for waiting this long I guess.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RaptorWifey will you please take care of @Yukon Joe? Thanks. Haha.

As far as 37s on bottom perch I would, with no experience in the matter, advise against it due to what I have read. There are vendors on here like RPG that have take off shocks out the ***** and would prbably part with them for not too much coin. Other than that the next option I would offer would be to get another tire that is a true 35" tire. Maybe that will satiate your appetite for a bigger tire.

Good luck!

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read up on these and those small 37's will be my next tire but it sounds like mid perch is the bare minimum to make them fit. You can always try it out and then go to mid perch if they rub bad. I plan on running the progressive springs with them.