37 tire and wheel question please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a search, but no luck.

Simple Question for the experts.

Can I run a 37x12.5x17 tire on a stock 2011 Raptor wheel??

Tirerack says wheel range is 8.5-11, and ours are 8.5, so I am thinking Yes.

I also noticed that Methods only come in 8.5 wide for their 17 wheels and I have seen a few with 37s, so again I am thinking Yes.

If the answer is NO...What size width must I go at a minimum and what offset, as I would still like to get into my garage and want the set-up to exceed the wheel wells by as little as possible.

Vendors please chime in too...as I am going to make this purchase shortly. Cha Ching!!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen it done with stock wheels, with a small amount of front fender modification. With the methods, the offset is slightly more, so they WILL damage your fenders in a hard impact if you have methods and stock fenders.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen it done with stock wheels, with a small amount of front fender modification. With the methods, the offset is slightly more, so they WILL damage your fenders in a hard impact if you have methods and stock fenders.

Cool! thanks STI...I will be also be doing the Mid-Perch adjustment.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the 37x12.50 17 tire will fit on the stock wheel. We are running 37s on the Method Double Standards with are 8.5" wide like stock.

Are you planning on buying fiberglass fenders or modifying your stock ones?

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the 37x12.50 17 tire will fit on the stock wheel. We are running 37s on the Method Double Standards with are 8.5" wide like stock.

Are you planning on buying fiberglass fenders or modifying your stock ones?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Texas!

I was hoping neither, just the mid-perch. I do not jump the truck, just offroad for hunting, so nothing crazy aggressive...am I going to have an issue??

I was planning on running BFG KM2. Have 35s now and love em.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime, just make sure you post pics once you go 37s. I so want to do the Toyo 37s....and it will be done (someday) :)

You bet. I like the Toyos too, but unfortunately, they do not have a 37x12.5x17 m/t size.