Supercharged raptors with frame cut bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some questions. I'm about to go forced induction. I've read both install manuals for the roush and whipple. It seems both kits would have to have some modifying to fit my rpg trophy front bumper, unless I was able to get my hands on a whipple kit with the old style inter cooler reservoir which mounts in the upper right corner between the radiator and the drivers side headlight. I'm not sure if this kit is available anymore. The new style inter cooler reservoir mounts to the frame rail, but my bumper is sleeved over the frame rails so to speak. Other rpg bumper owners will understand what I'm talking about. The roush kit has brackets which mount to the bottom of the heat exchanger, and then to the bracing on the stock raptor bumper. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem, but the inter cooler coolant pump also mounts onto this same bracing on the stock bumper if I understand correctly. I'm just curious if there are other supercharged raptors that have ran into these problems with aftermarket bumpers and if so, what were your solutions. I believe rpg offroads old shop raptor which they recently sold was roush charged? Maybe they could chime in. Thanks for any advice!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple's Ver.2 of the HD HE is fairly new, I haven't seen anyone with a setup like that yet.
I pretty sure Ver.1 is still available, although having almost an extra gallon of coolant is a big plus.

I am willing to do some sort of a swap if you're interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the offer. That may be an option I consider. I know your feelings for whipple but I am also considering roush haha. I have been in contact with Jdm and they said there are a couple other small components that are also different between the old and updated whipple kits so we would have to nail all that down for sure too if we decided to go that route

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have some questions. I'm about to go forced induction. I've read both install manuals for the roush and whipple. It seems both kits would have to have some modifying to fit my rpg trophy front bumper, unless I was able to get my hands on a whipple kit with the old style inter cooler reservoir which mounts in the upper right corner between the radiator and the drivers side headlight. I'm not sure if this kit is available anymore. The new style inter cooler reservoir mounts to the frame rail, but my bumper is sleeved over the frame rails so to speak. Other rpg bumper owners will understand what I'm talking about. The roush kit has brackets which mount to the bottom of the heat exchanger, and then to the bracing on the stock raptor bumper. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem, but the inter cooler coolant pump also mounts onto this same bracing on the stock bumper if I understand correctly. I'm just curious if there are other supercharged raptors that have ran into these problems with aftermarket bumpers and if so, what were your solutions. I believe rpg offroads old shop raptor which they recently sold was roush charged? Maybe they could chime in. Thanks for any advice!

I will be modifying the brackets on our truck to work with the RPG Trophy Bumper as soon at the bumper arrives.

Probably going to make a new bracket.

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. If I remember I'll post a picture when finished

Okay if you don't remember to post a pic I'll be sure to remind you haha. Thanks again

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I'm running a Roush lower cooler relocated higher in front of the radiator

Can you post a pic of that when you get some time? id like to see that as well