GEN 2 OVERPRICED BUMPERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
@StangGT5 Some truth in that for sure. Imagine how many more guys would buy their product if it were priced differently. We’ve had a couple guys just in this extremely short thread who’ve said cost is the deal killer. I run into raptor drivers on a regular basis who have echoed the same sentiment. Volume over price per unit.

OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
Some more than others and to each their own. I like the pre-runner bumpers despite mine generally being a pavement princes.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a “pre runner“ bottom with a “cow catcher” top. I want clearance, but need a deer/stupid people catcher for grill and headlights. Now lets see someone make THAT pretty… then again always been form over function person. Could give zero f v c k s if some doesn’t like what I do.

<edit> by that same token I hope any real man could give zero f v c k s if I don’t like what they do and that’s ok. This country is SORELY missing that these days.

Oh, and from someone who co-designed and marketed auto and AR parts for a while, these bumpers have a significant profit margins, OR those manufacturing them might want to rethink their manufacturing choices/processes.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I need a “pre runner“ bottom with a “cow catcher” top. I want clearance, but need a deer/stupid people catcher for grill and headlights. Now lets see someone make THAT pretty… then again always been form over function person. Could give zero f v c k s if some doesn’t like what I do.

<edit> by that same token I hope any real man could give zero f v c k s if I don’t like what they do and that’s ok. This country is SORELY missing that these days.

991.gif

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to consider is that there is limited demand and therefore limited volume they can sell. Basic econ covers demand vs supply, but it also covers inelastic demand. If they invest the time to make a repeatable product made with CNC machines, plasma tables, etc. they're trying to make that back on a relatively small market that is willing to pay up for a cooler truck. With that said, the Raptor tax is real. Just how much of it is due to "we charge because we can" is up to debate.

I don't think the market is that small. Since Ford started selling Raptors they have sold more than every kind of Corvette put together, every single year. Hell, some years Raptors outsold Camaros as well. The vette/muscle car market isn't crazy on price for most things, and I see the Raptor market closer to there than P car stuff. At the end of the day these trucks are just spicy F150s, as cool as they are they're not uber collectible nor prestigious.

I really do like ADDs bumpers but I definitely fall into the category of "I'd be way more inclined to buy if they weren't priced where they are today". Even seeing my wholesale price being more than the MSRP was 5 years ago is a buzzkill. I may take the plunge in a few years, but more than likely will just hold out for a decent price on a used one.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I really felt I needed a bumper that damn bad I would make it myself… because I can. However, I’ve long past the age of doing everything myself. Except vehicle maintenance because I can’t trust a ************ these days!

like I said before, I could afford it, but I’m not wing to give somebody that much money for that much time and effort.