sct and 5star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slinger1

Reaction score
Time for a tuner and looks like 5 star is the way to go...If i get the x4 with 3 custom tunes from 5star does that mean the tuner will come with both the sct tunes and the 5star tunes also...? Or does it just have the ones you order from 5star..?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They typically come with just the SCT tune and you will need to send Mike at 5Star some info on your truck, to get the custom tunes, if you haven't already. The SCT tunes are a "canned" tune that are very similar to what you would get on a Superchips style tuner.

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
Tuner on the way...........Got the SCT with 3 custom tunes....Went with 91 perf. 89 daily street and 89 tow....Cant wait to see what it does...

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not be disappointed. Do you have 93 octane where you are? Try the 93 perf tune if you want the max power. Pretty impressive really. I ran that for over a year. The stock tune on these trucks is joke. Terrible.

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
You will not be disappointed. Do you have 93 octane where you are? Try the 93 perf tune if you want the max power. Pretty impressive really. I ran that for over a year. The stock tune on these trucks is joke. Terrible.

Nope...thats why i did the 91 perf and 2 89 tunes....Ill use the 89 daily one most of the time after i get done playin' with the 91 perf...The truck is already way more "peppy" than my 09 Platinum with the 5.4 so im sure this will really wake her up.....

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
Got the x4 today and installed the 91 perf tune from 5 star....Could feel difference right away with the shifting....up and down...Also the throttle has less lag too it seems...So far so good...Only thing that scared me when i was installing the tune is i should have pulled the fuse to my aftermarket amps behind seat...When the tuner reset the truck during the install process my speakers made a loud "Bump" sound....I will be pulling the fuse near the battery next time for sure....Thanks for all the info here and to 5 star for the quick service......

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
UPDATE.......

Wow....This is my only mod so far and it did change the truck.....The shifts are more firm and alot quicker plus the throttle is more responsive...After installing tune i drove around looking for somewhere to "get on it"...The first time i floored it i was going about 40mph...when it down shifted i heard the tires chirp a little and this thing took off.....If i use the manual shifting the tires will spin going from 1st to 2nd with just moderate throttle....Im going to run a couple tanks of 91 then change to the 89 daily driver tune and see how it feels..So far im lovin' it.....

Reaction score
I have the x4 with 5stars 93 tune for my 2014 roush stage 2, but when i really open it up I am getting an extremely hard shift in 3rd that has me worried enough that I got a second tune from SVC offroad. Any body else experiencing this? Also the SVC is occasionally causing the engine light to come on code p420 or something having to do with the O2 sensors that appears to correct itself immediately but the light stays on. Any info on my issues is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my X4 the other day...totally changed the truck so amazing and super guys to deal with. If I were closer beers would be on me :favorites13::favorites13: