RPG Power Steering Resivor leaking out of overflow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RPG PS Resivor on my 2012 Screw. Every since I have installed it, it has continued to leak fluid out of the top overflow tube. I fill it to the bottom of the ring as shown on RPG website and also the instructions. Even when the fluid is lower, I still get leakage. I have ziptied a water bottle next to it and fed the line into the bottle to catch the extra fluid. Any recommendations on how to stop the problem or is this how all @RPG Resivors are? (No it's not overfilled and I'm using Royal Purple fluid).

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the RPG PS Resivor on my 2012 Screw. Every since I have installed it, it has continued to leak fluid out of the top overflow tube. I fill it to the bottom of the ring as shown on RPG website and also the instructions. Even when the fluid is lower, I still get leakage. I have ziptied a water bottle next to it and fed the line into the bottle to catch the extra fluid. Any recommendations on how to stop the problem or is this how all @RPG Resivors are? (No it's not overfilled and I'm using Royal Purple fluid).
Mine has done the same thing since new.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

My ICON PSS one does the same thing. At least the RPG one has a hose where you can direct it somewhere or in a bottle. The ICON spews it out of the top of the cap and all down the sides.

This only happens when I am off-roading and really using it. Normal daily driving on the street, its fine. If its doing it then, I would contact RPG and perhaps replace the relief valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ICON PSS one does the same thing. At least the RPG one has a hose where you can direct it somewhere or in a bottle. The ICON spews it out of the top of the cap and all down the sides.

This only happens when I am off-roading and really using it. Normal daily driving on the street, its fine. If its doing it then, I would contact RPG and perhaps replace the relief valve.

Ya I really noticed it when I went off roading for the first time since the install. I emptied my water bottle out and saw it still leaks a little while daily driving. It's very irritating to have to keep adding fluid to make sure I'm not running low.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh. My factory original PS reservoir has never leaked in 75,000 miles of road and off-road driving. Should it?

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. My factory original PS reservoir has never leaked in 75,000 miles of road and off-road driving. Should it?

No it should not, stock reservoir cap does good job of blocking fluid. For example PSS reservoir don't have anything in front of relief valve which is the reason for leaking while off-roading.
Mine was leaking lot before but i did fill that up in cold temperature and once you get to operating temperature it is above where it should.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I read here at FRF a while ago someone put some type of foam at the top of the cap to help keep the fluid from splashing around in the reservoir. Maybe it wasn't foam but I wonder if something like a stainless steel scrubber at the top would help?

D

Deleted member 12951

I would go in on a group buy for some foam pieces or just a link where I can get it?