Power steering cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In line.
Pump > OEM Cooler > aftermarket cooler > filter (if you added one) > pump.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Joe their is a better option for the cooler than this but it is pricey. This is a trans and a p/s cooler. I did eliminate the stock ps cooler section of the radiator. I believe there in lies the main problem to many people's issues especially if you have previously blown a pump. I feel like I am good to go now. I just need some off road time to get this girl all hot under the hood and see how well she cools.

ae1cd70ce4e32be8dc6e9c73cc6dd63d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe their is a better option for the cooler than this but it is pricey. This is a trans and a p/s cooler. I did eliminate the stock ps cooler section of the radiator. I believe there in lies the main problem to many people's issues especially if you have previously blown a pump. I feel like I am good to go now. I just need some off road time to get this girl all hot under the hood and see how well she cools.

Yeah, that looks way to clean. Need to get some white lake mud on there. Lol...
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have the pss resevoir and cooler, i decided to add a hydraulic filter, i bought off ebay a oil filter relocation kit, and used a hydraulic filter with the same thread pitch, i searched on wix filters for the proper size thread pitch, micron filter rating and gpm flow. I found one @ 10 microns (oil filters are around 20). The relocation kit was 30 bucks off ebay. And this filter was 20 some off amazon. Its a massive filter holding over a quart of ps fluid. The only issue i had and wish i would change is the fittings off filter relocation kit adapt to a 1/2 in hose then i had to reduce to 3/8 so its pieced together.

I went through a pump and now a leaky rack with just the pss res and cooler so i added this to see if with more volume of oil it will keep temps down and filter any debris in oil.
Dunn do you mind posting up the part numbers for the filter and relocation kit? That looks like a great set up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dunnjames18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunn do you mind posting up the part numbers for the filter and relocation kit? That looks like a great set up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just need half inch hose, hose clamps and, half inch to 3/8 in reducers. Get hose @ napa and they may have reducers if. NOt home depot does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170206-171113.jpg
    Screenshot_20170206-171113.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 108
  • 20170116_181853.jpg
    20170116_181853.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 110

dunnjames18

Full Access Member
Reaction score

troy when you eliminated the stock radiator ps cooler, can you explain why you believe that is a problem? and also how did you drain it after bypassing?

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
troy when you eliminated the stock radiator ps cooler, can you explain why you believe that is a problem? and also how did you drain it after bypassing?

I believe that the stock cooler traps particles of garbage from the pump after one blows. I think it is also a restriction. You don't need to drain it just cap off the tubes at the top.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I went out this weekend and beat the **** outta my new setup including lots and lots of doughnuts at high rpm and it performed flawlessly.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Yeah, that looks way to clean. Need to get some white lake mud on there. Lol...
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

9d677f86d7b6114fc359aa6202ab5df2.jpg
Better?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I went out this weekend and beat the **** outta my new setup including lots and lots of doughnuts at high rpm and it performed flawlessly.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

9d677f86d7b6114fc359aa6202ab5df2.jpg
Better?

Much!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )