Power Braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roush Rap

Reaction score
Im a new Raptor owner tryed to power brake truck the other day. Seems like it will not rev past 2000 with your foot on the brake. Is this how they are?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm must be a new raptor thing cause my 2010 revs as high as I want it when I'm power braking she revs up and that ass end come floating around! It's glorious! Haha

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
i think 2011+ will not do it. its a built in safety. u can thank toyota, specifically the prius for that one....

That is exactly why.

Hmm must be a new raptor thing cause my 2010 revs as high as I want it when I'm power braking she revs up and that ass end come floating around! It's glorious! Haha

2010 > 2011+ :happy107:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even think a tune will overwrite the ability either...

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine wouldn't even on slick pavement. Tried it once or twice. With 5 star tune and 89 Performance it does but still seems restricted some. Night and day difference though.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ouch man how hard we're you hitting the brakes to make the axle wrap that bad to snap the drive shaft? If done correctly you should only need to tap the brakes lightly once or twice to get the ass end around. It's a skill that's very difficult to master and takes a lot of time. And if you don't do it often its a parishable skill really.