Odd Tranny...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
So many avenues for this thread but for sake of the Raptor forum my truck has been acting odd lately. After heavy braking it seems to slip into neutral. Then it is generally followed by a slam back into gear. Daily driving,I never have an issue. It is only if i have to brake hard for a red light or something like that...

I searched but didn't come up with anything...

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine DID the same thing and then soon after getting worse and worse ended up in the shop with them telling me it was the worst they'd ever seen.

Does it kinda like stick around 3rd... Then after stopping drop down to first rev a little on its own and then punch you?

At first it did it easier and I was like what the hell then it got worse and worse, threw a wrench light that disappeared every time you'd cut off the truck and then do it again after it hits the next time you'd go for a drive.

I rebuilt mine at 76k miles. My transmission fluid was apparently frothy and not anything like the lubricant it was supposed to be.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
CineSLR

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Did you ever drive in deep water? Looks like I need to check my fluid this week....

Mine DID the same thing and then soon after getting worse and worse ended up in the shop with them telling me it was the worst they'd ever seen.

Does it kinda like stick around 3rd... Then after stopping drop down to first rev a little on its own and then punch you?

At first it did it easier and I was like what the hell then it got worse and worse, threw a wrench light that disappeared every time you'd cut off the truck and then do it again after it hits the next time you'd go for a drive.

I rebuilt mine at 76k miles. My transmission fluid was apparently frothy and not anything like the lubricant it was supposed to be.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever drive in deep water? Looks like I need to check my fluid this week....
Splashed through puddles but never went through anything up deep over the mid wheel level and took that nice and slow.

Lots of mud in MS washed my undercarriage some but just a hose with a spray tip, didn't wanna clip a wire with a pressure washer