Ford Racing Twin 65mm TB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a roush raptor run one of these and does anyone know the best place and price to get one? The part number is M-9926-CJ65.

I know on my other 2.3 tvs cars they added an easy 20whp which is a plus and seems like the tiny 60mm that roush uses is very small for such a big motor even if only running 7-9#.

Thanks Guys

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honesty, your best price would most likely be from Ford and sweet talking the parts girl.

Everyone else is going to be a reseller.

OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This came about when the gt500 came out. A few made these big single oval TB's that out flowed everything but always seemed to hve idle issues and couldn't be tuned spot on for daily use. I know whipple uses them and has for some time and they seem to be hit and miss. Some good Ford tuners can tune them good and really dial them in. For me it was a pain and went from big oval,LM67 and ended on CJ65mm and it made 30whp on my Shelby with the VMP TVS so I was happy. As we get deeper into this Roush build seems like more air in is needed. We have set the boost to the most I feel is needed so down to TB, fine tuning and see what we hit. I am sure some long tubes would help but did that on my last Raptor and the SW LT's were loud and didn't add much power.

If we can hit 500whp/550wtq on stock header with the Roush on crap 91 and be safe I think that's perfect setup for me.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a whipple monoblade on my truck. It made 560 at the rear on a brand new set of Toyo MTs (these are 25+ pounds heavier than stock). It really doesn't idle as well as the twin blades, though. It also takes longer to settle in to a good idle after a cold start. I'm considering swapping the monoblade out for one of whipple's twin 71mm units.

For full details of build follow link in sig.

OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a whipple monoblade on my truck. It made 560 at the rear on a brand new set of Toyo MTs (these are 25+ pounds heavier than stock). It really doesn't idle as well as the twin blades, though. It also takes longer to settle in to a good idle after a cold start. I'm considering swapping the monoblade out for one of whipple's twin 71mm units.

For full details of build follow link in sig.

Thanks for the info. I have big heavy general x3 tires on my truck that are only 12lbs heavier than stock and my truck put down 478whp and 530wtq on 91 pump gas here at a mile high.

Wouldn't love to get 560whp but don't think it will happen without some long tubes and hi flows or no cats at the least. So the TB will be tried next and see what happens. I know a few Shelby guys that lost 20-30whp going from the FRP big oval to the twin 65's but idle, cold start etc was 100% improved.