Drop in filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What drop in filter for the stock airbox are people using I was looking at the "green filter" ones but want to stay away from oiled filters, saw Aem and afe non oiled. And some other brands I've never heard about... So what are you using. Also want to stay away from CAI.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
WIX paper filter. Have not had a spec of dust in my intake. Pleats are 2 times as large as OEM, which equals larger surface area, which equals better flow.

Notty

Reaction score
So I just got a new drop in filter (Fram Tough Guard) and have found it doesn't fit in the stock air box. It is too tall. I assumed I picked up the wrong filter and I decided I wanted something nicer anyway. So I ordered an AEM dry filter from Amazon. It showed up today and the same exact issue. These filters are about an 3/4 of an inch taller then the stock filter which causes the box lid to not be able to shut or go into the slots. What am I missing?? How are people running these filters? I really am not an idiot, but I sure feel like one today.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got a new drop in filter (Fram Tough Guard) and have found it doesn't fit in the stock air box. It is too tall. I assumed I picked up the wrong filter and I decided I wanted something nicer anyway. So I ordered an AEM dry filter from Amazon. It showed up today and the same exact issue. These filters are about an 3/4 of an inch taller then the stock filter which causes the box lid to not be able to shut or go into the slots. What am I missing?? How are people running these filters? I really am not an idiot, but I sure feel like one today.

I just cancelled the Aem from Amazon because what you said here lol.

Notty

Reaction score
Probably a good idea. I was really hoping I was just being an idiot and missing something, but it doesn't seem like it. I have an email out to AEM and hoping they can get me some info soon.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a good idea. I was really hoping I was just being an idiot and missing something, but it doesn't seem like it. I have an email out to AEM and hoping they can get me some info soon.

Let me know what Aem says about this. Thanks