GEN 1 37's vs 35's for my road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
absolutely not. thats not how unsprung weight works. you constantly need force to move that massive tire unless you are doing nothing but downhill.

thats not how science teaches you, so im not sure why so many people have that misconception.

I didn't quote you and I'm not talking about unsprung weight. Unsprung weight has very little to do with mpgs. It is basically laden sprung weight at that point.
However unsprung weight has everything to do with the performance and efficacy of the suspension.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a tire size issue why not swap tires ? would the tpms be a issue? and id myself pick the truck Id want to drive. which id pick the roush ,just because hp and f the mpg

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who's run both on road trips, I'd swap to the 35's.

p.s. enjoy Idaho and good luck with your hunt! Archery elk starts here in N Idaho next week and aside from the heat, I can't wait to get out and take my bow for a hike :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocbuckeye

Ocbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who's run both on road trips, I'd swap to the 35's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm going to swap them out and give it a shot and see what it does. The truck with the 37s from Texas to SoCal was getting 12.4, that gives me a comparison point on the trip except this time I'll be loaded with gear, if I get close to that I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I can still get 16 mpg with my Stage 2 on stock tires. I just towed a 2500 lb boat from up state NY and got 13 mpg. Take the SC version just to enjoy the drive with whatever mpg you get...

R,
HAP

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man... could use a few extra tie downs on that thing on the back. Haha!!!! Wtf is that thing!? I use two tiedowns on my 450.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man... could use a few extra tie downs on that thing on the back. Haha!!!! Wtf is that thing!? I use two tiedowns on my 450.
Appears to be a Rokon,

Could be wrong but if not those things are bad ass,

2wd, pro shaft, not fast as hell but cool as hell

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://www.rokon.com/

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and the fenders look badass which ones are you running?
Please forgive me I’m a Moto guy and don’t know much about 4wheeling or two wheeling with 4 wheeler tires.

Last edited: