Baja Bumper larger skid plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was browsing SVC's web site looking at the Baja Bumper and saw an option for a larger skid plate. Can someone from SVC (or the FRF community) point me to photos that show the difference between the larger skid and the regular skid?

The SVC photos don't really tell you which ones you're looking at. :)

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 12951

Something new. Those pics are older. I have the SVC bumper and just texted Jeff to ask about it. Said I would need an entire new bumper. Trying to get more info and will post back but he is busy with the SVC Day in the Dirt event right now so pretty awesome that he even responded within a minute or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
The extended skid plate option is a optional version. Think of it as the Baja front bumper v1.1 (or the Raptizzle edition) haha.

What they did was basically move the lower cross bar up and in, a little bit to close the gap in the light bar area, and gain maybe a smidge of ground clearance angle. Which also required a longer skid plate to cover the difference. The end result turned out really good and looks a tad more aggressive IMO.

Let me know if you have any other questions @Double Tap I'll be happy to help.

The longer skid plate version (v1.1 / Raptizzle edition)

3933E57F-D9DC-4143-A137-2B27141B3B74_zpshzavhumr.jpg

Regular length (v1.0 w/carbon skidplate)

IMG_20140621_135757_306_zpsfrfymcjp.jpg