scab guys and girls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, as a lot of you know i had 2 members try out my amp and subwoofer system. Both of whom have had it installed in their trucks for some time now. These systems are now for sale for all scab trucks. (sorry screw guys, im still working on something for us) Here is what you get

2 Pioneer shallow mount subwoofers
1 Rockford Fosgate R750/1D monoblock amplifier
1 custom built, handmade subwoofer box, specifically designed for your raptor
1 4 gauge power kit (not the cheap ones either) RCA's and fuse holder included
instructions for the install, so you can do it yourself

This box with both woofers fit under the 2/3 section of the seat. The amp will need to be mounted either under the 1/3 section, or the back wall of the truck

shipped for $1,500. i will update ths post when i have my paypal account available.

For those of you wanting just 1 subwoofer, I have a single woofer box with amp combo that fits under the 2/3 section under the seat, leaving the 1/3 section available for storage, or whatever you want to use it for, once the oem subwoofer is removed

1 Pioneer shallow mount woofer
1 JL Audio XD 300/1 mono amplifier
1 4 ga amp kit
1 custom built handmade fiberglass box

these are $1,100 shipped

I am an authorized retailer for all products I sell, so that means you get the manufacturers warranty on everything. I personally guarantee that my boxes do not break under stress. If my box ever breaks while it is in your truck, you get a new one shipped out at no cost to you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I am going to be experimenting on a center console woofer box, and a box under the 1/3 seat as well in the near future.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, all military members, past and present get an instant price reduction. pm for more details

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
1. do you have pics of the box.
2. could you build a spot for an amp on to the box.
3. how much for the single setup without the amp.
4. how much for just the box.
5. what other subs could fit in your boxes

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. pics are throughout the forum, i will gather them and post new ones as well.
2. on the single woofer setup, the box is built to house the amp, so it is all under the 2/3 seat
3 and 4 check below
5. the boxes i build are specifically for shallow mount speakers. if you try to put anything else under there you are going to run into 2 problems. first, because of space you woofer is probably going to hit the bottom of the seat causing premature wear. and second, you most likely will give up some structural integrity when trying to fit a deeper woofer under there. my build process is specifically made to provide optimum sound from the shallow mount speaker and provide the strength necessary to withstand the abuse these trucks go through. I use marine grade resin and fiberglass matte. they are more expensive than standard fiberglass and resin, but this is why i guarantee my box to not break.
here is a price breakdown for you

Pioneer TS-SW3001S2 $200. compare to crutchfield at $220
Rockford Fosgate 750/1D. $330 crutchfield $349
Stinger 4 guage amp kit $70 crutchfield doesnt carry, but retail is $90
fiberglass box $650 ($600 for the single setup)
JL Audio XD 300/1 $279 crutchfield at $299

shipping on the complete setup (dual woofer) is just over $100
shipping on the single setup is right around $80

as a package you save more, but individual items can be sent out with actual shipping costs.

Last edited:

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5. the boxes i build are specifically for shallow mount speakers. if you try to put anything else under there you are going to run into 2 problems. first, because of space you woofer is probably going to hit the bottom of the seat causing premature wear. and second, you most likely will give up some structural integrity when trying to fit a deeper woofer under there. my build process is specifically made to provide optimum sound from the shallow mount speaker and provide the strength necessary to withstand the abuse these trucks go through. I use marine grade resin and fiberglass matte. they are more expensive than standard fiberglass and resin, but this is why i guarantee my box to not break.

I understand they are for shallow mount subs. My question is about box volume. What is the internal volume? Is it actually matched to the selcted subs? I haven't been in the market so I haven't researched shallow-mount subs, but I'd imagine other subs may have different specs and may or may not work better with the box volume. Also, I don't know if I've ever seen Pioneer's T-S parameters to be able to verify "correct" box volume.

I personally will spec my own subs to the box.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
recommended sealed volume for the pioneer subwoofers are .5 - 1 cu. ft. the dual enclosure is pretty much on the .5 cu. ft. mark after you account for speaker displacement. the single enclosure is about .8 cu. ft. after the recession for the amp is built in.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mourning :jester:

Congrats on the biz and on the Scab package. It looks like it's a good design with high quality products.

I like your statement on mfrs warranties and you standing behind your products. Good luck with your business!

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recommended sealed volume for the pioneer subwoofers are .5 - 1 cu. ft. the dual enclosure is pretty much on the .5 cu. ft. mark after you account for speaker displacement. the single enclosure is about .8 cu. ft. after the recession for the amp is built in.

Thanks. I'll start spec-ing subs.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in one of these dual subs. The only problem is I'm going to want to do the rest of it at the same time. If I'm going to tear it all apart, I'm only doing it once! :insane:

Processor, speakers, amps, etc... I've spent a ton of time looking for info on how to get these to work with Ford's sync/mft. I'd prefer to put in an aftermarket panel, but since Ford decided to do away with physical buttons for my seat heaters (and other things), I guess I'm stuck with the factory HU.
The one thing I've had a tough time finding is bullet proof factory integration and decent walk-throughs of the install procedure.

So any plans on making/offering kits for the rest? or some detailed tutorials, for us poor schmo's who live out in the wastelands and have to do things ourselves? :alone:

Here's some of the components I'm looking at (thoughts/suggestions?):

Processor: Rockford Fosgate 360.3, JBL MS-8, ARC Audio PS-8
Speakers: Arc Audio Black Line (or equivalent)
Amps: Not a clue... anything that would properly power the above and sound good.
I'll probably apply some kind of sound deadening as well, though I've never done that in the past and have no idea where to start there.

Overall I'm just looking for a good mix of LOUD and Quality.