Interested in Shorty Headers?

Are you interested in shorty headers

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
interested but NOT in YET... would like to hear more. price? what will they be made of? coating?

honestly what type of gains r we looking at. the longtubes get about 30 hp tuned. i am not saying we wont see a gain but i know when i was messing with my GM truck motors shorties were pretty much a waste. i also got coated longtubes for my LQ4 for under $500...raptor tax sucks

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interested but NOT in YET... would like to hear more. price? what will they be made of? coating?

honestly what type of gains r we looking at. the longtubes get about 30 hp tuned. i am not saying we wont see a gain but i know when i was messing with my GM truck motors shorties were pretty much a waste. i also got coated longtubes for my LQ4 for under $500...raptor tax sucks

You will see 10-20hp gain without a tune and, you will pass any emission test. LT's will give you 30 without a tune... You see a tuner isnt really needed, the PCM learns and adapts very well... You clear the short and long fuel trim and learn all again you will see good gains... Now the tuner can do some things but over all its not really needed. And why take a chance with a dealer when you dont have to... Shortys are the best way to go...
I have used shortys 3 times and have had great gains... The new 5.4L is a 3 valve and can get the gasses out fast so you really need LT's for a good gain but, the 6.2 is a 2 valve and with shortys will work nicely...

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does sound interesting but really rather have longs, but hmmmmmm...

had some gibson shorties on my silverado and loved them but not so sure about with the raptor

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep a tune is worth it but yes the power gain is very noticeable with out it. (I have LT from SW) I was amazed with just the aFe CAI and SW xpipe S-type mufflers then put the diablo tune on and now will chirp in 3rd I run e-30 so mpg is a bit less but still can get up to 16mpg if I try a bit I should try some time but why. I love the sound all tho am still going to try the off road pipe with the set up or cat delete.

will be fun to see the resalts of the sortys.

I would have voted no only becose I already have the LT