Installation of SDHQ Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Granted this will never work as good as the stage 3 kits, but does this work at all? I don't off road enough to justify the stage 3 but would like to strengthen it, is this enough?

When you are off road your driving justifies the stage 3 kit! lol

Hell, the National springs make a huge difference on the road as well.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that "enough" can be verified.

The cutout in the frame is evidently there to enable replacement of the factory bump stops. Since the cutout is right where the bump stop is, its position weakens the frame precisely where you'd want the frame to be as strong as possible. For $100 I chose to invest in some cheap insurance to protect the value of my $41,000 truck.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well ****. I the parallelogram fell in too deep and now I can't get it out...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About 500 cuss words later I finally was able to maneuver the thing out. I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to install the parallelogram again.

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humvee

I did the same Damm thing! Took me a few tries but I was able to fish it out with one of my magnet pick up tools (magnet on a stick). Was a pain in the ass so best of luck.

Once you get it out pre assemble the oval filler plate n bolt onto the parallelogram with the nut welded to it. I was still able to thread the assembly in with the bolt threaded in to a point were it was flush with the backside of the nut.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About 500 cuss words later I finally was able to maneuver the thing out. I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to install the parallelogram again.

I think you should get yourself two pieces of wire with hooks on them.
The first goes through the nut on the plate; as you feed the plate through the hole In the frame you use the wire to control it and pull it against the backside of the frame ( at this time don’t center it)
Use the second wire and hook behind the plate to hold it in place and remove the first wire; now start the bolt with the oval plate.
Remove the second wire, apply a drop of Loctite (242 or 243) to the bolt, align the oval plate with the hole in the frame and tighten the bolt.

Last edited: