How to disable the dashboard chime on a Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metroman

Reaction score
I have a Long Travel Ford Raptor 2011 set up by Outlaw Offroad. The mods done to the vehicle remove certain parts (like traction control, rear ABS, and other items). Bottom line is when I got the truck back the dashboard would like up like a Christmas tree and the chime/warning alarm would be sounding for about 20 seconds on engine start and another minute once I put it into gear. Very annoying! I attempted to find someone to turn these warnings off via reprogramming but so far could not find anyone who knew how to do it.

I did a lot of reading online about how to disable the chime. There were a few partial solutions like silencing it for seatbelts not being worn or when you put the key into the ignition. I wanted the chime off completely.

I decided to find the chime and kill it. The chime speaker is part of the dashboard unit that holds the gauges. Removing the steering shroud and dash is fairly easy if you have any car experience at all. Just a few basic tools are needed and this whole process only took about an hour (going slowly since I had not pulled the dash apart before).

Long story short is remove the large plastic unit that holds the dash gauges. On the back of this unit you will see a small round speaker. It is about 1 1/4 inch across. Use a wire cutter or knife to break out the plastic mesh and foam you see on the speaker. Then use a knife to cut the thin plastic membrane in the speaker. Pull out the plastic membrane. When you pull it out a small circle of copper will come with it out of the center of the speaker. The speaker is now dead. It is still hooked up and will try to make noise but no noise will come out of it since you removed the part that makes noise.

In the pics below I opened up the rear of the dash to figure out if I could pull the speaker out. I could not see an easy way to do it so I just disabled the speaker itself and left it in place.

Below is a link to some pics I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107340845332205134287/DashRemoval

Hope this helps someone.

OP
OP
M

metroman

Reaction score
This truck has a SCORE tagged race legal cage Outlaw Offroad built for me. The interior had to be redone..

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Alcantara. It is a faux suede-like material. Lots of people use it for dash coverings, armrests, steering wheels, seat inserts, etc.

OP
OP
M

metroman

Reaction score
I think it will collect a lot of dust but I dont really care. This truck gets FILLED with dirt, sand, mud, snow on a regular basis.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is great. I know there are several members here who have been trying to get rid of the annoying warning for when they're aired down or just don't run tpms in their tires. Myself included.

Thanks!

And I checked out your other album of your build. Holly shnit! That thing is BUILT. Well done.

Last edited: