My Order Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duc1098

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have ordered a Raptor 3 weeks back and it is in Priority 12 unscheduled.

Now the dealer wants me to sign an export agreement and the Deal Sheet. I do not mind signing the export agreement, but the deal sheet is a binding contract. I put a 2500 dollars deposit down, but once I sign the deal sheet, I will lose my deposit if I do not take the delivery of the truck.

He said that the Ford order process has changed in Feb. The two documents will help speed up my order.

I want to make sure if this is true or a sales tactic to lock me in.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A deal sheet is a written contract between you and the dealer. If you don't intend to take delivery, don't sign it.

Buying a truck is a two way street, you are agreeing to purchase an item and the dealer is agreeing to deliver it.

Can't speak to it "speeding up the process"... As far as I know, Ford builds the trucks as they come up in the queue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

duc1098

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A deal sheet is a written contract between you and the dealer. If you don't intend to take delivery, don't sign it.

Buying a truck is a two way street, you are agreeing to purchase and item and the dealer is agreeing to deliver it.

Can't speak to it "speeding up the process"... As far as I know, Ford builds the trucks as they come up in the queue.

I do want to take delivery, however, I do not want to be stuck if it takes them 4+ months to get it. I was thinking about ordering in two places and see which one comes in first. I talked to other dealers they said that if I do not take delivery that should not be a problem because they have not problem selling it.

cjhmcox

Reaction score
I placed an order with a dealer about a month ago with a $2000 deposit. Nothing signed. Just told him what I wanted. I called yesterday and told him I was not going to take delivery due to unexpected financial situation, and he said too bad..... Your deposit is non refundable!
Now .... I'm going to have to take delivery so I don't lose my money.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Contact steve miller at Van Bortel. Tell him I sent you (Khoi). Steve will not require a deposit and you will not need to sign anything. You should have ordered from him 3 weeks ago when I suggested it then. :)

And Steve will give you invoice pricing. It's a no brainer.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To duc, that is kind of cheating the system and although smart to get your raptor the fastest it is a business they are trying to run. If you want to order from someone and they are willing to commit then take it. Especially if it's below msrp.

To cj, that doesn't sound right. If you didn't sign anything then that is still your money. They are prolly gonna make more by not selling it to you and putting it on their lot. I'd tell them they'll be hearing from your lawyer.

cjhmcox

Reaction score
To duc, that is kind of cheating the system and although smart to get your raptor the fastest it is a business they are trying to run. If you want to order from someone and they are willing to commit then take it. Especially if it's below msrp.

To cj, that doesn't sound right. If you didn't sign anything then that is still your money. They are prolly gonna make more by not selling it to you and putting it on their lot. I'd tell them they'll be hearing from your lawyer.

Salesman told me he spoke to the owner of the dealership and because they don't "stock" raptors they will not refund the money. I did get it at invoice and i figured they would have no problem selling it or even trading with another dealership. Sales guy also stated they sold almost 60 of them last year?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I placed an order with a dealer about a month ago with a $2000 deposit. Nothing signed. Just told him what I wanted. I called yesterday and told him I was not going to take delivery due to unexpected financial situation, and he said too bad..... Your deposit is non refundable!
Now .... I'm going to have to take delivery so I don't lose my money.

If you ordered only a month ago, its probably not scheduled. So they are cheating you. Check your state laws, I know if CA it's not legal for dealer to keep your deposit even if the vehicle is built. Phone SVT and see if it's scheduled if not, let the dealer know and you will take them to court to get your deposit back.

OP
OP
D

duc1098

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact steve miller at Van Bortel. Tell him I sent you (Khoi). Steve will not require a deposit and you will not need to sign anything. You should have ordered from him 3 weeks ago when I suggested it then. :)

And Steve will give you invoice pricing. It's a no brainer.

Your suggestion came after my order with this dealer. However, after I saw your post, I did contact Van Bortel, they were my backup dealer. I did get it at 500 over invoice at this dealer which is not as good as invoice at Van Bortel. But Van Bortel was an hour or so more north than this dealer.
Also Van Bortel, there were 4 unschedule orders in front of me. As to this one, I am number 2 in line.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then sign the paperwork and be done with it.

Your suggestion came after my order with this dealer. However, after I saw your post, I did contact Van Bortel, they were my backup dealer. I did get it at 500 over invoice at this dealer which is not as good as invoice at Van Bortel. But Van Bortel was an hour or so more north than this dealer.
Also Van Bortel, there were 4 unschedule orders in front of me. As to this one, I am number 2 in line.