My first post with whats probably two popular questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been calling dealerships in Arkansas and Louisiana all week. I'd like to buy a Silver or White crew cab with graphics. I drove a black one today, but don't like the grey fares on the black. I wish all the Raptors had color matched flares and door handles.

Anyway, my first question is what are the most common problems that Raptor owners have experienced. And what has been done by ford to resolve them?

Second question involves the price. Every dealer I spoke to said that MSRP is what must be paid. Some dealers even claim that their competetors charge above the MSRP. In the few minutes that I've been a member of this site, I've seen threads where people are getting deals under MSRP.

Please don't critisize me for not staying up and sifting through a lot of threads and not using the "search" function before asking my questions.

Hope to be a fellow Raptor Owner soon.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. I guess the biggest problem Raptor owners had was the dreaded clunk in the drivetrain, and yes it was fixed: new driveshaft.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frame bending is a common issue for guys that over due it offroad. Other than that, i have not either come across either personally or anecdotally any common issues, beyond some water entering from the 3rd brake light area.

I personally had an LED in my 3rd brake light go out and had the driver's side lumbar adjustment die, but other than that it's been solid. Almost have 34k on my 2011 now.

Sorry but I can't comment on MSRP, but I do hear of people getting great deals. If you consider a used truck, you might make out better IMHO.

Best of luck to you.

Todd

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DO NOT PAY MSRP. You can do better, alot better. You are relatively close to this dealership >> Kansas: Louisburg Ford - Louisburg, KS: $50 over invoice but you have to order one. You can not buy off the lot for $50 over invoice.

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've talked to about ten dealers this week. Either they can't get a Raptor, or they charge MSRP.

I've called all over the state of AR and in north LA.

I drove a black one this evening. The sticker was over $54K. They are trying to locate me a Silver one with graphics and estimate the MSRP to be $56K. About how much would the invoice be on $56K? I will call around some more tomorrow. I haven't tried any dealers in MS yet...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on all the options but invoice pricing would save you anywhere from $3500-$5500.

On a 56K truck, I bet invoice would be $4800 less MSRP. The savings is huge.

Tell me what you want and I can give you the invoice pricing.

DO NOT BUY MRSP. Dealers are trying to **** you. You can do better. You have been warned.

About how much would the invoice be on $56K? I will call around some more tomorrow. I haven't tried any dealers in MS yet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on all the options but invoice pricing would save you anywhere from $3500-$5500.

On a 56K truck, I bet invoice would be $4800 less MSRP. The savings is huge.

Tell me what you want and I can give you the invoice pricing.

DO NOT BUY MRSP. Dealers are trying to **** you. You can do better. You have been warned.

I want a silver crew cab with hood and bed graphics. Fully loaded minus the bed extender and tailgate step.