Ford requiring a deposit, a signed purchase order and drivers license to order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:think: If you're running a business . . . :birgits_tiredcoffeewould you order a $50k+ anything on talk?

:secret:
Prove who You are
Show me the money
Sign what You ordered
is CYA for Both buyer :uhoh2: seller.
That is what I expect from a Dealer to make it happen.:grd:
It's SOP
:handshake:

I have ordered cars more expensive than a Raptor with just a phone call. In fact, bought my Raptor as well as the last 15 or so vehicles on the phone. Not all were orders some in stock.

wac45

Reaction score
Got an email from my dealer asking me to come in and drop off a $500 check, sign my purchase order and send a copy of my drivers license to Ford in order to confirm my order of a Tux Black scab 801A. It's been a month since I "thought" I put my order in but now not so sure. I was told my initial priority number was now changed from a 15 to now a 10 so hopefully I get it before Thanksgiving. They are not cashing my check but rather just holding it. I can elect to tear it up or put it to the purchase so at least not out of pocket. Anyone else had an experience like this?? Apparently many large dealerships are putting fake retail orders in to stock their lot so Ford has mandated this new policy in order to curb fake orders.....

When I ordered my 2012 I provided a $500 fully refundable deposit check that they did not cash. ( I have purchased vehicles from this dealer before) Prior to the build date Ford required the dealer to get a copy of my driver's license to verify the order was actually going to a private retail buyer. I even talked to the Ford Rep who told me they were doing this due to some dealers sending their orders out of country. Depends on the dealer you are getting it from.