Introducing the new VisionX Optimus LED "Light Cannon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yes, I don't think theres another LED in that size or power that can create as much distance

Awesome. Ordered a stealth fighter and will be putting the 6-20-6 rigids on it. These will probably work great on some claw mounts to reach out there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
James,

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm considering the Vision-X Optimus lights mainly because of their price and dimming capability and this is one of the few threads I can find on them. Can you please answer a few questions to the best of your ability?

1) Are the double lights that you posted photos of the 10 or 20 degree lights?
2) Do you believe that two single lights would have identical output to one double light if the two singles were aimed similarly?
3) The setup I'm leaning towards is one 10 degree and one 20 degree in each fog light pocket and a Light Cannon on each hood/a-pillar location. This setup would compliment the OEM HID headlights. Opinions on this setup? Do you think I'd have any major voids in my total illumination pattern?

PS - I would really like to see a photo of the light output from a single or pair of Optimus cubes with the Vision-X dimming kit at 50% output... especially compared to stock headlights.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
James,

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm considering the Vision-X Optimus lights mainly because of their price and dimming capability and this is one of the few threads I can find on them. Can you please answer a few questions to the best of your ability?

1) Are the double lights that you posted photos of the 10 or 20 degree lights?
2) Do you believe that two single lights would have identical output to one double light if the two singles were aimed similarly?
3) The setup I'm leaning towards is one 10 degree and one 20 degree in each fog light pocket and a Light Cannon on each hood/a-pillar location. This setup would compliment the OEM HID headlights. Opinions on this setup? Do you think I'd have any major voids in my total illumination pattern?

PS - I would really like to see a photo of the light output from a single or pair of Optimus cubes with the Vision-X dimming kit at 50% output... especially compared to stock headlights.

Thanks!

Hey!
1) Those are 10 degree pattern
2) Yes, they would have the exact same output if aimed similarly
3) That would be a great setup, but these lights really excel in the 10 degree pattern. 20 degree would work but wouldn't shine very far. However, with a set of Light Cannons on the hood mounts with Euro-beam pattern you would be pretty much dialed and compliment the OEM HID's just fine!

I will see if I can dig anything up, but that's pretty specific and it might need to wait until next week when I can get it right from VX.
Thanks man!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey!
I will see if I can dig anything up, but that's pretty specific and it might need to wait until next week when I can get it right from VX.
Thanks man!

Thanks, really a photo of any Vision-X light at 50% vs 100% would give me a good enough idea... I just haven't been able to find this anywhere.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the price on these and is there a pre-order discount? Will these fit on the Ford Racing, KC, or N-Fab light bars? Also, are there different covers available for the larger lights like the original 4.5" Light Cannon?