Dually Hookup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ftlombard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have my Raptor on order and am supposed to take delivery beginning of december. I have question about the dually hookup. I am curious if the lights come with a diagram that has them hooked up in a stock setup. By this I mean in my xterra the fog lights can't be activated unless the head lights are on so when i shut them off the fogs shut down and if they are on when I turn my lights on the fogs light up. I am always worried about leaving them on. I dont care what switch I use physically for the light but i guess I just want the circuit energized when the lights are on. I assume with a diagram I can do this. I am not a mechanic -(I am a physician so I guess I am a mechanic for people)- I do hate to have people work on my car if avoidable. Cars seem to get scratched up in shops. I have done my own sterios in the past as well as daily maintance on my cars but I have not been super lucky with self installed fogs in the past and dont want to burn my truck down.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are easy enough to hook up and wire. With the upfitter switches you can turn them on or off when ever you like as long as the key is in the on position.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, as far as hooking them up with your low beams I'm sure it's possible although I've never actually done it. It would just be a matter of tapping a positive wire off your headlight switch to a relay to power the lights. Shouldn't be complicated at all

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No need to hook them up through the low-beams, when they are wired though the upfitter switch, they will turn off automatically when you turn your key off even if your upfitter is in the on position.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're right I read that wrong. OP is just worried about leaving the lights on when the truck is off. No worries doing that as stated above because the upfitter switches will not work unless key is in ignition. If you aren't using the upfitter switches it's a different story but that's the easiest way =)

OP
OP
F

Ftlombard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, guess I can order the lights and will hook em up when the truck finally comes. Appreciate it.