Need help deciding on exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yamahauler16

Reaction score
I have read everything thread I could find on these exhaust systems. I'm stuck between the Mbrp turndown Withthe resonator and the dirty deeds setup.

I'm mainly trying to make way for 37 inch spare so only interested in shortening the exhaust.

I haven't found much information on the Mbrp with the resonator. I don't want drone, already have it with just an intake. I still use the truck for civilized duty. Any of the members wih the resonator have any feedback? Can you still use Bluetooth phone etc? Understand it's loud under wot but what about just normal usage.

I like the dirty deeds in theory but from the vids I have found I'm not crazy about the sound. It's also more expensive.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP with resonator will still drone. I have one hanging in my attic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drone is a frequency which dominates above the rest of the frequencies in the exhaust sounds.

Our helmholtz resonator cancels out the frequency that dominates so you hear the rest and not the drone.

This makes for a mild truck at cruise. Yet still very very aggressive on the throttle.

It is literally having your cake and eating it too:)

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a real exhaust and no drone buy a Toyota. Can't see the big 6.2 being quiet

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just take the exhaust off at the flange and leave it open. That's what I did. I don't know if it drones though since I can hear it over the sound of the 6.2 roaring in my bad ass truck. Lol.