6.2 Headers and Horse Power gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum members,

Looking to purchase performance headers for my 6.2 and was wondering if anybody had any real data on what the horsepower gain and mileage improvements were after installing headers? What horsepower gain should I see or expect to see? I have searched but found no real data. Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(they) say that you should get 30-40 hp gains with headers and exhaust, and they also say an increase in gas mileage, but once you put headers and exhaust on the gas mileage actually goes down, because the raptor sound so much more meaner with the pedal on the floor now, you will always be showing off a lot more and probably get more speeding tickets :)

OP
OP
G

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I bet the gas mileage goes down. 30-40 horsepower is pretty good gain if that is the case. Thanks

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(they) say that you should get 30-40 hp gains with headers and exhaust, and they also say an increase in gas mileage, but once you put headers and exhaust on the gas mileage actually goes down, because the raptor sound so much more meaner with the pedal on the floor now, you will always be showing off a lot more and probably get more speeding tickets :)

Who is this "they" you speak of? Lol.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is some info on these gains in the dyno thread. Headers, exhaust, and TUNE will yield some decent gains. The sound is worth much more than the gains you will see. Your butt dyno won't be able to tell the difference in the headers but the tune will make a huge difference. Your ears will definitely tell a difference and your smile won't leave your face.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg