Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an new exhaust system and now I'm hung up on what Exhaust Tips to go with it. Should i go with black or stainless steel? I have an Oxford White with graphics so that is what leading me to the black. Also Rolled edge or the double wall single edge? I know they will be the angle cut like the stock ones. Any suggestions or what looks good or even pictures. Thanks in advance! and I know couple answers will have over-tones due to my question

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an new exhaust system and now I'm hung up on what Exhaust Tips to go with it. Should i go with black or stainless steel? I have an Oxford White with graphics so that is what leading me to the black. Also Rolled edge or the double wall single edge? I know they will be the angle cut like the stock ones. Any suggestions or what looks good or even pictures. Thanks in advance! and I know couple answers will have over-tones due to my question

I would go black - it looks awesome......

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with satin black. There is nothing else shinny on our trucks...

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Sinraptor I originally went with black tips and I do think it's a big improvement over the metal...I ended up chopping them off all together and am much happier now.

First of all, the black tips seemed to just show off all the dirt, mud and all that stuff that kicks up from the tires. It was impossible to keep clean looking...always looked dirty.

Also, for clearance...the tailpipes just get in the way and serve no real purpose. For our badass offroad capable trucks, just seems to not fit to have big exhaust pipes handing out and being in the way. I ended up chopping the pipes right after they dip back down after the axle. On a colder day, I can see the fumes coming out and going away and out from the bed. Some guys get hung up that the fumes get trapped under the bed, but I don't see any issues at all with that.

Just some food for thought. But if it's between black or metal...go black. But overall, I say chop them biches off!!!

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sinrap, mine are dual walled and black ceramic coated. I agree with the others that black definitely looks best on our trucks and I am very happy with my ceramic coating. It behaves much like Teflon so dirt and mud don't really adhere to the surface. A quick rinse and everything looks as good as new!

Attachments

• DSCN0444.jpg
    DSCN0444.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 167

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't think that there was anything in particular wrong with the factory exhaust tips except that they were bare metal. So I primered and painted them with high temperature paint made specifically for exhaust systems. $20 well spent.

Attachments

• Tail Pipes.jpg
    Tail Pipes.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 148

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ruger I did the same thing at first, with a high temperature paint, but mine chipped off in spots consistently. I sanded it down before hand too. I know some guys have had good luck this way, but it just didn't seem to work out for me.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Ruger I did the same thing at first, with a high temperature paint, but mine chipped off in spots consistently. I sanded it down before hand too. I know some guys have had good luck this way, but it just didn't seem to work out for me.

I think that what helps keep my exhaust tips looking reasonably good are mud flaps. I didn't install mud flaps to protect the exhaust tips, though. I was worried about what debris thrown from the tires would do to the paint over time because the sides of the truck behind the wheels were always plastered with crap. It just turned out that the mud flaps are as good for the exhaust tips as they are for the paint.

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sinrap, mine are dual walled and black ceramic coated. I agree with the others that black definitely looks best on our trucks and I am very happy with my ceramic coating. It behaves much like Teflon so dirt and mud don't really adhere to the surface. A quick rinse and everything looks as good as new!

What setup are you running?