Borla Stinger Install...done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brown truck arrived early today so I got the Stingers installed. Quite frankly I was surprised at how mellow they sound and was expecting something slightly louder than I'd like.

The sound level in the cab is practically indistinguishable from the factory exhaust during cruise and even exterior sound is not a whole lot louder. Slightly louder, throatier, and refined would be a good description and the sound clips while helpful, are never quite as accurate as in person.

An exhaust was a fence I had a hard time jumping off because I was nervous of getting something that was so loud, as to attract the law more often than I'd like, but this is not the case with the Stingers. They simply sound perfect. Cabin is still quiet, no drone, no raspiness, and it sounds nothing like a set of redneck duals from the local muffler shop.

I'd probably say that if you're looking for loud, these aren't the pipes for you.

The install was a bit of a bear and my shoulders will likely thank me in the morning. I installed them in my driveway without help so it took approx. 3 hrs. A lift and an extra set of hands would have been nice. Everything fit perfectly and the tips are beefy without looking cartoonish.

Overall VERY pleased.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepSeaOne

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly did u install just mufflers with a y pipe? Any video of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These....

Borla S-Type (Stinger) Catback Exhaust - 2010+ Ford F-150 Raptor (6.2L) [140383] - $1,334.99$969.56 : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance!

Sound clip...sounds louder at idle in the video than in real life

2013 Ford Raptor Dual Borla - YouTube

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Actually this was the sound comparo I was looking for. Sounds a bit more realistic than the previous one. They compare it to the touring model so you have to fast forward past it...

BORLA Exhaust Sounds for 2011-2014 Ford Raptor - YouTube

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this DSO, the Borla S-Type (Stinger) 140383 is the exhaust system that I am leaning towards to complete my performance mods.