RAPTORS TAKING FLIGHT - MASSIVE AIR!! ("How To" Question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Massive Air!!

uze8ahus.jpg

5ydu9y3e.jpg

Raptors jumping sand dunes at the 2012 Lil Sahara Raptor Dune Run (look under Past Expeditions for some amazing pics and videos! More are being posted daily).

y8yreba7.jpg

Need help with HD pics!

Have a lot of HD video from GoPro and HD camcorder tape footage. Some of the potentially best still photos can be pulled directly from the video - don't have a lot of people or clutter in the way (virtually all of 012BLUESVT's pics turned out bad, but video is awesome). Also these are great shots because can go frame by frame to get just the right pic.

How do you capture a video frame and make it into a high resolution still picture? Some of these may be poster-worthy? So far the pics posted from video are just taken with a camera of the paused video on a computer screen.... Help please! Thanks in advance, John

Last edited:

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on Google. Never heard of this before but it worked on my computer.

1. Play a video that contains scenes you would like to capture.

2. Click the player’s “Pause” button when the video reaches the location that contains an image you would like to capture.

3. Click the Windows "Start" button and type "snipping tool" in the Search field. Click the Snipping Tool icon when you see it in the search results list. The Snipping Tool allows you to draw a rectangle around any part of your screen and take a screenshot of the area within the rectangle. After the window opens, your cursor changes into a crosshair.

4. Click the upper-left corner of your video player, hold down the mouse button and drag your mouse slowly to the right and diagonally to draw a rectangle around the video that appears in the player. Do not include parts of the player itself. Draw your rectangle so that it includes only the parts of the scene that you want to appear in your captured image. Don’t worry about the snipping tool window getting in your way while you’re drawing the rectangle. It disappears when you click your screen.

5. Release the mouse button. The Snipping Tool window will reappear and display the image you captured.

6. Press “Ctrl-S” and type a name for your image in the File Name field. Select the "Save as Type” drop-down menu and select the file type for your captured image. You can choose between JPEG, GIF and PNG.

7. Click “Browser Folders” to view your hard drive’s folders. Navigate to the one where you would like to save your image.

8. Click “Open” and choose “Save” to save your captured video image in that folder.
Tips & Warnings

If you don’t draw your rectangle correctly the first time, move to the Snipping Tool window and click “New.” It will display the crosshair again and allow you to try again.

After you draw a rectangle around your video and the Snipping Tool window opens, you can click the window’s "Tools" button to display a list of helpful tools. Click the “Highlighter” tool, for example, and you can draw add highlights to your captured image by clicking parts of the image and dragging your mouse over the parts of the image you would like to highlight.

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so. There were several mac results in my google search but i skipped em.

Google "capture still images from video" you will get some how to's and see some free download software.

TT

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
VLC media player takes hi-res screen shots too. Thats how I got the one in my avatar and the one for RPG's photo contest:

RPG_Desktop6_1680.jpg

Last edited: