1st jump in my 2013 raptor in Pismo VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First I highly recomend a helmet it is thought of as not needed in for simple sand tricks, but this past weekend one person did get a blow to the head. It may seem simple and safe but any blow to the head is and can be dangerous. Please wear a helmet. Second practice your jump technic and get used to even throttle pedal through the jump start slow and work your way up. As you launch your feet may come off the pedals so practice seat belts tight seat up and be ready. A full face helmet protects from the air bags too so as the driver you may want to go full face. Myself I have a helicopter flight helmet leftover so no full face, but its free and works well. I figure it the helmet can survive a helicopter crash with me in it then it must be good for this... Practice the launch and even throttle pressure.... It looks easy if someone else is doing it so work your way up... If jumping is a must then look to upgrades, the more you jump the more you need... Free advice...

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First I highly recomend a helmet it is thought of as not needed in for simple sand tricks, but this past weekend one person did get a blow to the head. It may seem simple and safe but any blow to the head is and can be dangerous. Please wear a helmet. Second practice your jump technic and get used to even throttle pedal through the jump start slow and work your way up. As you launch your feet may come off the pedals so practice seat belts tight seat up and be ready. A full face helmet protects from the air bags too so as the driver you may want to go full face. Myself I have a helicopter flight helmet leftover so no full face, but its free and works well. I figure it the helmet can survive a helicopter crash with me in it then it must be good for this... Practice the launch and even throttle pressure.... It looks easy if someone else is doing it so work your way up... If jumping is a must then look to upgrades, the more you jump the more you need... Free advice...

Ya I noticed with jumping that when I got on the throttle early rather than last second my jumps landed alot cleaner. That landing in the video bucked me around in the truck pretty good. I hit it again after and it was smooth because my approach and speed

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it loos like you hit your front pretty good right befor you got airborn. no damage? or does you front bumper look like mine now?

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda plowed the front lifting off there. I have a stock skid plate and bumper when you need it.

On a side note, I don't see a whip on your truck, thought it was madatory at Pismo?