still something wrong...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slinger1

Reaction score
Hi all......

I just re-installed my system in new truck and have no bass on left side outputs....the front and rear door woofers sound like they are only getting the hi freqs...I have tried changing rca's and many calibrations its always "weak" on left side...Pulled the system from my 2009 f150 platinum and re-installed in my 2014 Raptor with the sony nav headunit....I used the front tweets and front doors out of the factory amp to feed the MS8....would using all the outputs from the factory amp make a difference? Heres what i have installed....

MS-8
Focal 165 v15s in front doors/tweets in pillars
focal coax's rear doors
2 -10'' RE Audio subs in fox box under back seat..
Rockford 400.4 for front doors
Rockrord 300.2 rears
RE Audio 3000.1 for sub....

When i do the calibrations and it plays the static noise for speaker levels the left sounds the same as the right....This setup was awsome in my 09 when i had it dialed in....only thing different now is the factory headunit and i had Focal 165 vb's in front doors on old truck...
ch1....L tweet
ch2....R tweet
ch3....LF woofer
ch4....RF woofer
ch5....RL coax
ch6....RR coax
ch7....center factory speaker....used ms8 output for center
ch8....Subs

ch. 1-4 are on the 400.4
ch. 5-6 are on the 300.2
ch. 7 from MS8
ch. 8 3000.1

Could the headunit be causing this? The factory system has the center speaker for suround sound and it cant be turned off so maybe i shoulda used the rear and center outputs also to feed the MS8..Any suggestions on what to try next?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where you at Busa....
been busy sorry. phone broke so i gotta wait until i get home to use internet.

as far as the system is concerned, i would double check the inputs going into the processor. make sure they are in phase and also in the correct input.

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
ty's....I have checked the 4 inputs to the MS8 at the MS8 but will need to remove console again to check the connections at the factory amp.....I did try to switch + - on ch3 at the MS8 (front left woofer) and did a quick cal. but it sounded worse so i changed it back...I will be doing a re-re-install on my next days off work and try to figure out what i did wrong.....Thanks for replies..

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
OK ....problem solved....After taking complete console out again and re-doing all the connections from the factory amp (they were good already)...i decided to run a new rca for the front doors....When i pulled off the cover on the back drivers side door seal so i can pull the old rca out i see my #3 input to MS8 pinched in the thing where the cover hooks on...Shorted the + side to ground killing all my lower freqs on the left side....Stupid mistake that cost me alot of work but.....live and learn....thanks again guys....

Reaction score
Have you got pics of how this system looks in the truck? Specifically, the amp/subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
Have you got pics of how this system looks in the truck? Specifically, the amp/subs?

yep...It turned out nice....I have another 4ch amp mounted in center console also..I added some other pictures to my album.....The subs are in a ported fox acoustics box under seat...fitts perfect..

11217-20150621-071915.jpg

11093-all-done.jpg

11219-20150621-071938.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Are you happy with the fox acoustics box? What subs are you running?

OP
OP
S

slinger1

Reaction score
That looks awesome! Are you happy with the fox acoustics box? What subs are you running?

Thank you and Yes...I love the fox box....Had it in my 09 Platinum for couple years and fits in the Raptor perfect...Box is very well made and sprayed with rino liner or something...I did have to make sub holes a little bigger and also remove the covers from the magnets to fit the subs in the box....I have RE SeX subs ..The subs are wired for 1 ohm and on a 3000.1 RE amp...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter