Speaker upgrade?? hmmmm..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, after reading tons of reviews on a number of forums I installed 4 JL Audio C2-570x speakers in my 2012 Screw today & me & my son drove around for quite a while this afternoon & we are both very disappointed in the speakers. Do I need to install an amp to get the full potential out of these speakers because to me they sounds just muddy & weak as my stock Sony/Ford speakers. He wanted to drive back home take them out. Someone please point me in the right direction here. Thanks guys, Mike

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure Noah will see this. He will know more about those specific speakers. You don't necessarily need an amp on them but it wouldn't hurt. My guess would be ****** speakers or improper audio tuning.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your first problem is that the c2 speakers are a coax speaker. the oem system has a factory set eq curve that only directs low frequency signals to the door. if you replace the door speakers you will notice that there are no tweeters. being a low signal to the door only means that the tweeters will not play, or are very quiet. you need a component set of 5x7 speakers. that way they can be connected properly. or a summing device to create a full range signal

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, after reading tons of reviews on a number of forums I installed 4 JL Audio C2-570x speakers in my 2012 Screw today & me & my son drove around for quite a while this afternoon & we are both very disappointed in the speakers. Do I need to install an amp to get the full potential out of these speakers because to me they sounds just muddy & weak as my stock Sony/Ford speakers. He wanted to drive back home take them out. Someone please point me in the cright direction here. Thanks guys, Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong but the factory setup is components (woofer in the door and tweeters in the A pillar)... So you will not get a full range sound out of those JLs in the factory spot. You'll either have to add an amp as is.... or try a set of components for now. They're probably sound awesome with an amp. There is a crossover in the factor amp preventing a "full range" high sound as is. :sorrysign:

Goodluck

I'm in the same boat.... I don't really want to add an amp right now sooo I'm just going to go with a nice set of components for now.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick responses guys. So my question is, what speaker can I put in the front doors that will sound better than the stockers & better than the JLs I just put in & will also work when I do pull the trigger on an a amp? I'm pretty bummed by this cuz I read tons of reviews & the speakers I bought got such great reviews & many of them were from F150 owners. Wouldn't they have the same issues that I'm having or is it just the Sony/Nav unit & the guys with the F150s that I read the reviews from don't have the Sony unit that our Raptors have? I'm confused....