Raptor VSS Security and RMU Upgrade - Easy Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spotted a good deal on the F150/Raptor VSS Security and RMU Upgrade from Beau on Facebook and ended up grabbing it up since it was a simple plug-n-play harness.

I'll be setting up the app on Monday with Beau that'll allow me to control the Raptor from anywhere (including remote start) similar to that of what Viper offers for aftermarket alarms and remote starts. Here's the link to the kit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/616145288440049/permalink/944120052309236/

Here are a few pictures of the kit I order and everything that came with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This rectangular piece below is not used if you have an oem remote start installed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's really a piece of cake to install.

The OBII port on the Raptor gets removed from it's location and gets attached to the harness supplied as well mounted where you removed the oem OBII plug from. Aside from this, it's just a matter of securing all the wiring and the module before you start the programming stage below.

Here's a link to the PDF guide if needed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkhi8he7bbgp3sr/2011_2015_Scalable_Kit_Truck_1_23_2015_[1].pdf?dl=0

These are the simple programming steps to follow both times. When you first install the VSS and then add in the RMU module.

Make sure the brake pedal is not depressed during this sequence.
16. Press the vehicle's unlock button located on the driver's door. Make sure all doors are unlocked.

17. Put the key in the ignition.

18. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position and 3 (ON)
position.

• The eighth turn must end in the 3 (ON) position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm
that the programming mode has been activated.

19. Wait for 10 seconds and the remote start module will program itself to the system.

• After 20 seconds, you will automatically exit the programming mode. The doors will lock, then
unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.

INSTALLATION (Continued)
20. If equipped with additional accessories (i.e. RF keypad), verify that they maintain all functionality
post installation.

I'll update you all again once I have the iPhone application setup on Monday/Tuesday.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 672
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 633
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 616
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 638
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Yes, I have this one. It was installed by the dealer when I ordered the truck. That way it retains the 3yr/36k warranty. I thought you could install it yourself but you still have to go to the dealer so they can get into their system and activate it to your truck and provide you the pin number so you can register it for your online account?

I know one dealer on ebay was selling them and then once you got it installed, you have to call them with your VIN info so they could finish it.

Curious to find out if that is not true.

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have this one. It was installed by the dealer when I ordered the truck. That way it retains the 3yr/36k warranty. I thought you could install it yourself but you still have to go to the dealer so they can get into their system and activate it to your truck and provide you the pin number so you can register it for your online account?

I know one dealer on ebay was selling them and then once you got it installed, you have to call them with your VIN info so they could finish it.

Do you like having it? Or I guess I should say do you even use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you like having it? Or I guess I should say do you even use it?

I use it all the time, glad I got it. The Viper system has more bells and whistles. I put one of those in my wife's car, that one I got has a GPS in it, so you can always tell where the vehicle is....or where she is.

OP
OP
NJStangersJonathan

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing next Monday giving them the vin so I can get access to the app portion of controlling the Raptor. I'll know more by then. I updated the first post with the link to the kit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/616145288440049/permalink/944120052309236/

Last edited:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: