Police Siren

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one put a police siren in there truck? I'm interested in putting a single "yelp" tone siren in my truck and wiring it to an upfitter switch. So far all I have found is multiple tone sirens that require a switch bank. This would be for OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Truck/car horns aren't loud enough when coming around blind corners.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The majority of them are going to have multiple siren options. Lab won the one from Hornblasters

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I have the Hornblasters one. It does the single tone emergency vehicle sound if you push the paddle switch one direction and siren the other direction. Also has a rotating switch that plays 5 or 6 different sirens. Unit is about the same size as a typical Icom radio. It also has a microphone for the PA function.

Gilligan

Reaction score
find a used car alarm speaker, they should only need some power to make some noise. Not like you'll be leaving it on so i'm sure flipping the switch back and fourth a few times will make quick loud yelps

Yes, I have the Hornblasters one. It does the single tone emergency vehicle sound if you push the paddle switch one direction and siren the other direction. Also has a rotating switch that plays 5 or 6 different sirens. Unit is about the same size as a typical Icom radio. It also has a microphone for the PA function.

How does the speaker wire up? Is it a simple hot/ground or are there additional wires for the PA and siren tones?

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the only way to just get the yelp when you supply power is to find a speaker that only has one function. Most of the units receive the sound signal via the control box. Only other thing I can think of is find one with a manual switch that you can leave on yelp. Then you can control the box via a single switch of your choice

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has wires from the control. Simple speaker but the tone comes from the control unit.

I know Whelen makes some that would do what you want. Molten Motorsports ended up with one in the race truck after the first Havoc.

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Stewart Check UPR. They have a multiple switch one, but you can wire just one tone. Both race trucks have the upr one, with just one tone.