Let the Raptor audio adventure begin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very excited for this project because I haven't installed any car audio in over 15 years, yet it was a passion of mine as a young man.

This is the equipment list:
Processor: Mosconi 6to8v8 + mini controller and bluetooth
Front Speakers: Morel Elate midbass and tweeter
Rear Speakers: Not yet purchases, probably Morel
Amplifiers: Arc Audio XDi 600.4 and XDi 1100.5
Subwoofer: 1 Stereo integrity BM MKIV
Sound Deadening: Various CLD, MLV, and CCF options

Amplifier config gives me 150x2 on the Morel tweeters, 300x2 on the Morel midbass, 150x2 on the TBD rear speakers, and 500x1 on the subwoofer.

To assist in the install, I picked up a few tools. I love justifying tool purchases to do projects.. :)
Woodpecker router table and lift
Bosch router to mount under table. I have another plunge router and hand held trim router for other purposes
Rivnut tool
Heat gun
Dayton Audio calibrated measurement microphone (PC based RTA)

I still have to pull together all the wiring and probably techflex everything for a clean look.

Should be fun and I'll post up progress as it comes along. The truck is my wife's DD and I have to do the work in stages so she isn't without music for the commute. Building the sub box and back wall mounting all the equipment will come first. Then strip the interior to do the sound deadening and run all the cables. Then move on to the doors. I have to sound deaden them and build the speaker adaptors and work my way around to all doors, but put the factory speakers back in until the "BIG WEEKEND" turn up of the system. I'm estimating 3 months to do everything.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Project - look forward to see how it goes and how it sounds when completed!