Back Up Camera Will not Turn on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattKlauser

Reaction score
My back up camera for some reason will sometimes not turn on when I shift into reverse. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been doing any serious off roading lately and it randomly began doing this. I'm not sure what the issue could be and seriously would love some help. Anyone know anything?
While I'm doing this, i would also be interested the possibility of wiring the backup camera to engage when I hit an uplifter switch. Bonus points to anyone that can nail this one.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happens when you put it in reverse? Does the screen go completely black or does it just show what was there before you shifted into reverse?

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jammed my key into the ignition wrong last night and my back up camera didn't turn on. I didn't realize the key was in strange till I turned the ignition off. Restarted the truck and everything worked fine. I could probable repeat my mistake because it seemed almost to easy to do. Im not saying this is the problem you are having, just food for thought.