Base Camp Trailer build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I want a custom axle with hubs for the Raptor. I expected to need to buy a new axle. I did not expect to need to call in a favor from a custom axle builder and done magic beans...

sdtuono

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching your build with great intrest. Ive had a few within grasp but watching this thread will push me more. Good luck and cant wait to see more.

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last thing I want is hub adaptors. If it comes to that, maybe. I'd rather have a custom axle built. We'll see.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the pics it looks like bearing housing on the military axle is much larger diameter than the center hole on the Raptor wheel. An adaptor would have to be like 3" thick and cover that bearing housing completely to enable a Raptor wheel to fit (based on what I see in the pics).

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the military axle is 3". It also is edge to edge because the wheels are deep dish. The raptor wheels have 8" back space. So, I'll need a new axle either way for width, electric brakes, and matching electrical.

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid $60 for a custom axle shop to try to make a hub that works. Hope to have results by end of the week.

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do the same thing since I got my truck and I planned on using the same trailer as a base so I'm interested to see how yours comes out good luck.