Two New "Rules"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you own a Raptor and drive it offroad you "must":

1. Invest in a tow strap (without metal hooks) especially if you assume "others will have one so I don't need one"

2. Buy/carry a full-size shovel (as luck would have it I bought a full-size long-handled round nose fiberglass handle shovel at Lowes on Thursday night - it was on sale for $7.98)

There can be times when more tow straps may be needed so even if your Raptor isn't stuck or towing someone your strap may be needed.

When a vehicle is stuck it's worth it to for the group to make one best effort to dig the vehicle out making it easier to tow out of the pit it's in. Using a long-handled, round nose shovel is the only way to go unless you have a backhoe handy :mrgreen:

Don't ask me how I know these things. :spock:

Seriously, next run we do I'm checking Raptors for tow straps and shovels :rockon:

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, no kidding. We should find people that don't bring those things and make examples of them!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shackles are a must have. Plan on two shackles: one for your end, the other for the victim.
OK, I will ask how all this newfound knowlege came about- lets have the details..Pics will be even better!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Shackles are a must have. Plan on two shackles: one for your end, the other for the victim.
OK, I will ask how all this newfound knowlege came about- lets have the details..Pics will be even better!

Yes please...enough of these games already!!

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You only need one shakle... loop the tow rope through itself for one end.... the less hardware you use the safer it is.