Raptors VS The Dragon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Raptors wanted for a run on The Tail of The Dragon. The run will be documented by us and provided to Off Road Extreme for potential publication. We will meet Saturday 11-05-2016@1pm. Follow the links below for work samples and event details on Facebook. If you don't have Facebook and are interested just shoot me a PM for details. We have 2 trucks confirmed as of now and would like to have at least 4. We are also looking to maybe run some of the forestry roads as they are close to the Tail.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1305161672850769/?ti=cl

http://tailofthedragon.com/

christiematerniphotography.shootproof.com/gallery

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• havoc5.jpg
    havoc5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed:
TrailWhale
Upscrazy8
SM and his wife from Facespace
Our truck obviously

Unconfirmed:
SR from Facebook
MB facebook
MG facebook

For us it's OK if it's busy. We have some specific images we want to get and would like to incorporate some other traffic. Especially some of the corvettes and BMW's that should be out there. I have also downloaded some previously run tracks in the nearby forest and am looking at additional routes to run. Plus it's going to be a great drive no matter what. The surrounding roads also look awesome.

Last edited:

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Count me in for Saturday. Heres a nice route From Gburg . take Wears Valley in Pigeon Forge to 321 through The Foothills parkway over to Hwy 129. The better route would be from Cades Cove cut to the Dragon via Parsons Branch Rd. But unfortunately its closed due to some creature eating the trees. These are only suggestions . Look foward to seeing y'all

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me in for Saturday. Heres a nice route From Gburg . take Wears Valley in Pigeon Forge to 321 through The Foothills parkway over to Hwy 129. The better route would be from Cades Cove cut to the Dragon via Parsons Branch Rd. But unfortunately its closed due to some creature eating the trees. These are only suggestions . Look foward to seeing y'all
Pm sent.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this over the summer on two wheels; would be interesting in the truck, just tread lightly down there in these massive beasts.

Be kind and let faster traffic pass by (use the pull-offs on the shoulders) when you can and do not cross the center line. Not sure if highway patrol is still using their bikes down there this time of year but they won't tolerate shenanigans. Saw a guy in a newer Jeep Rubicon get pulled over for some silly antics...

Have a safe trip. :)

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good advise. Thanks. We are looking to get images for an article for potential publication in Off Road Extreme so we won't be doing anything recklace.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A motor cyclist recently went off and crashed out of sight of the road and recorded his demise as night fell. The video is viral, So any positive press will help.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several deaths there every year apparently. The Tail website even has a map that provides the specific locations where the deaths occur each year. It is not a road to be messed with. As with anything safety will be a top priority. Drive within you and your trucks' limits and all will be well.