SD Buffalo Run Thank You Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an incredible Run this was. From the amazing Scenic views, to the great offroading to the camp ground fun.

I want to extend a big time Thank You to Joe, Nicole and Luke for putting together one of the greatest Runs ever! I have never seen that much scenic overload beauty in my life. It will truly be a Run to remember always!!

You guys picked a perfect campground, perfect routes, and had everything planned like you had done this a dozen times before. Not a single flaw.

I also wanted to say thanks to all my Chicago crew friends that helped make this trip a blast; Keith & Linda (Our 3rd Run together), Tom & Bethany (Our 3rd Run together), Jordan (Our 3rd Run together), Luke (double mention and our 2nd Run together), Scott (Our 2nd Run together)...you guys are the best!!

Note: Got to give a shout out to my bud Todd, we missed you but talked about you and creamed corn often.

It was also great to meet so many new folks like Jeremy & Ashley, Mark, Lug, Wilson and Paul. Also great to see Roger again too!! As a dog lover, who missed his pups while gone, it was also great to get doggie kisses from Moose and Maggie all weekend long too!!

Thank you all for a memory of a lifetime and a Perfect Raptor Run experience.

Jennifer and I loved it!!!!!

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree 100%. This was a great event. Planned and managed perfectly. All four of us enjoyed the run. Kids really liked the dogs and having other kids along too.

One personal note. Thanks for making it possible to enjoy Memorial Day weekend again. I have not let myself do anything fun on this weekend in five years. Sunday marked the anniversary of my sister's death. Mom found her on Memorial Day that year. This was a lot of fun and now I can move on a bit as far as the holiday. Thanks, and sorry but I needed to share this.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Wow guys, this thread was totally unexpected and there is no need for thanks. Everyone, including munchkins and doggies, had a hand in making this run epic.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are making it seem like we actually knew what we were doing.

Thread is totally unexpected but thank you. The trip was epic, and came together better than we could expect.

We are glad that some of you brought your families. The kids on the radio, Julie's puke and rally, sticky nikky following moose everywhere.

We may have planned the routes, the lodging, and the food, but all your participation, and the people that came and how generous they were towards everyone else is what brought it all together. We cant take full credit for the success of the run, it was a group effort and you all played your individual part.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you three did a great job. A little planning and a great attitude will go far in events like these.

And I am sorry I missed out. Not on the 200 gallons of gas I would have burned, but on all the comradery and experience.

And it sounds like you neglected to pack a sufficient amount of creamed corn. Glad that I was a hot topic of discussion. Did someone poop in the firepit in my absence?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No... not that I know of. Although to get into the Crazy Horse memorial, they would accept a canned food donation. I believe many donated cream corn, lol...

Blue, I'm glad you and the wife had so much fun. Thanks for cooking us up some dinner that first night.

I'd like to say thank you to my wife Nicole. She did a ton of leg work to bring this all together.

She was my navigator and camera crew on the run. She did a wonderful job. When Ironman was asking questions about using the tablet and backcountry navigator, I had to defer him to her, lol...

Luke, great job on finding a lot of the trails we hit. And for bringing that spare tire I told you we didn't need, lol...

Ironside, thanks for interjecting the local history and information, it really added to the run.

Parents, thanks for bringing the kids. You all have well behaved children. We loved hearing them on the radio. I can still hear Wilson's kids "truck one..."

This run was a lot of fun!

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This being my first raptor run or even get together. I want to say it was great meeting everyone of you I know I missed introducing myself to a few of you. Thanks to Joe, Nicole, and Luke for shepherding us along. It's great to get out on trails with others and not just by myself.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since were are on the thank you thread. I want to throw in my thanks.

Big thanks to Joe and Nicole for the initial idea, We spent months pulling this together. As well as letting me crash in your camper.

Thanks to Nicole for getting the campground squared away, The catered dinner, the passes that showed up while we were gone, the coozies, the lunches, the bags, the parking and the nice "Known Plague Area" trail. And for making sure I ate breakfast each morning.

thanks to Joe for being the tie breaker vote between Nicole and I's minor disagreements.

thanks to 6.2 for getting us started on the placard design, i know it evolved a lot, but you really started us on the right foot taking my idea and getting it on to paper.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe I just seen this now it was awesome. thank you to everyone it was a great time. The kids had a blast the only problem with that is I don't know if they will let me go on a run with just the wife lol. If you read the initial thread I was concerned about having dogs but they where great and glad I got to meat them Maggie and moose where great. All the kids where awesome I was very impressed. Thanks to Luke, Scott, and Nate for holding back with us while Julie did her thing. We are ready for more.
Thank you

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And I just saw it too Wilson! lol! I second all those comments!! It was way more than I expected. Breaking in my new Raptor with people that I now call friends!! Thanks Joe, Nicole, Luke and thanks to all for making this such a fun outing!!!